the individual [Theme]

The dictatorship of the masses exercises control over the individual, so he can no longer live independently, without regard to how he is perceived in society. People's self-respect is mistakenly based on constantly looking into the face of their neighbor in order to detect approval or censure in his expression and facial expressions in order to adapt their behavior to the requirements of the group. But since the main characteristics of the crowd are mediocrity and lack of morality, a person who imitates society dooms himself to self-destruction.
№ 464976   Added MegaMozg 20-03-2024 / 03:48
The root cause of social life lies in the weakness of the individual.
№ 464195   Added MegaMozg 15-03-2024 / 23:06
A process in which the consciousness of an individual or group of people is changed so that behavior becomes the opposite of what can be expected from the person.
Quote Explanation: Definition of the word Alienacio (madness, alienation, insanity) from the Dictionary of the Spanish Royal Academy
№ 463159   Added MegaMozg 13-03-2024 / 12:27
The most striking fact observed in the psychology of a crowd is this: whatever the individuals who compose it, whatever their way of life, their occupations, their character or mind, their mere transformation into a crowd is enough for them to develop something like a collective soul that makes them feel, think and act completely differently than each of these people individually would think, act and feel.
Quote Explanation: Chapter 2 from the work “Psychology of Crowds”
№ 462962   Added Viker 13-03-2024 / 11:07
I want to experience the whole lot of humanity in the depths of my self.
№ 428137   Added Viker 27-09-2021 / 15:02
The rich are also the owners of political power. These slackers are the natural enemies of their tribe, since it is in their interest to lower the level of public welfare by all means. For their profit, they start wars between tribes and force the poor to kill each other. In short, these barbarians have perverted the natural order of things at their root, sacrificing the sacred interests of the breed to the narrow and selfish interests of the individual.
Quote Explanation: Martians can't understand terrestrial humans
№ 422611   Added MegaMozg 08-07-2021 / 10:06
In the foreground, they have the interests of the individual, to whom the interests of the entire breed are sacrificed. What intelligent creature would put the unit above the collective? They work not for the good of society, but for the sake of personal gain. The poor are jealous of the rich: the last sad phenomenon is the inevitable result of the absurdity of the basic principles of social life.
Quote Explanation: Martians can't understand terrestrial humans
№ 422607   Added MegaMozg 08-07-2021 / 09:54
Society as a whole is infinitely more valuable than each of its constituent individuals. Everyone will agree that the death of one being is preferable to the death of many.
Quote Explanation: ant psychology
№ 422514   Added MegaMozg 07-07-2021 / 17:09
I of all people (all that exists), and I'm a separate individual, separated from all people (and all that exists). Simultaneity, the real unity of these two contradictory States requires a certain attitude. Usually I realize a single aspect of any separateness or connection; at such moments, the other side seems vague and abstract. But, being a man, I can't break this duality is so easy. I realize both parts, if you want to fully feel alive. So, to achieve realization, I must have some very close relationships, some more formal, and I should be open to his humanity and commonality with all people. At the same time I have to stay in your inner center and to respect their own need for solitude. Only with your own inner feelings, each of us can achieve a balance of these parts.
№ 396097   Added Viker 24-05-2020 / 13:57
Individuals are born, people become, individuals are implemented.
№ 389976   Added MegaMozg 02-04-2020 / 08:30
Personality is the individual with the face instead of the face.
№ 389975   Added MegaMozg 02-04-2020 / 08:27
Diverse individuals slipping into the faceless crowd.
№ 389704   Added MegaMozg 30-03-2020 / 00:18
If one day you have to choose between the promises of a gangster and a government official, contact the gangster. Always. The institutions - unlike individuals - no honor.
№ 389243   Added Viker 26-03-2020 / 10:15