business [Theme] Page 2

It was completely the opposite of what happened before. Before, it was necessary to figure out what to do, and the interest of the matter was always the same - Dmitry Ivanovich Nekhlyudov; and yet, despite the fact that all the interest of life was then concentrated on Dmitry Ivanovich, all these affairs were boring. Now all the cases concerned other people, and not Dmitry Ivanovich, and everyone was interesting and fascinating, and there was an abyss of these cases.
Quote Explanation: Nekhlyudov helped prisoners
№ 462724   Added MegaMozg 09-02-2024 / 03:21
- Nothing. And I don’t like being bothered when I don’t need anything from you. Okay, okay, don't look at me like that. I'll find a job for you.
№ 462687   Added MegaMozg 08-02-2024 / 08:15
It should be noted that I am generally a composer looking for the unknown; I am somehow ashamed to admit to my composer activity. This is understandable. For others, it is a direct matter, a duty, the goal of life; for me, it is relaxation, fun, a whim, distracting me from my direct, real business - professorship, science.
Quote Explanation: From a letter from Lyubov Karmalina. Moscow, June 1, 1876
№ 462589   Added Viker 06-02-2024 / 15:53
She told him, obviously quite confident, that he was very interested and pleased to know all the secrets of the people's will. Nekhlyudov was surprised why she did and told all this. She was pitied by the obvious confusion that was in her head. She obviously considered herself a heroine, ready to sacrifice her life for the success of her business, and yet she could hardly explain what this business was and what made it successful.
№ 462573   Added Viker 06-02-2024 / 15:51
Happy is the one who sees his mistakes and goes over in his thoughts all the things he has done precisely in order to find mistakes in them: he will achieve perfection and succeed in everything. Woe to the one who is self-confident and does not consider his previous actions in the conviction that they are all smart: he will never gain intelligence, and God will abandon him.
№ 462565   Added MegaMozg 06-02-2024 / 15:39
He felt that he had to awaken her spiritually, that it was terribly difficult; but the very difficulty of this matter attracted him. He felt for her a feeling in which there was nothing personal: he did not want anything from her, but only wanted her to stop being what she was now, so that she would awaken and become what she was before.
№ 462467   Added Viker 06-02-2024 / 10:08
The so-called liberal
№ 462230   Added Viker 05-02-2024 / 15:57
He's just a creep when it comes to girls, man. We are all like that. But hopefully we will become better. Forget about this sexist crap, they're just posing. Everyone talks to each other like rapists... But we will all one day become crazy parents who take care of their daughters.
№ 462079   Added Viker 05-02-2024 / 15:00
There is nothing more pathetic than a person who measures everything up and down, trying, as the poet says, “to measure the expanses of the earth, going underground,” to unravel the secret of the souls of the people around him, but not realizing that for him communication only with his inner genius and honest service to him. The last thing is to protect him from passions, recklessness and dissatisfaction with the affairs of gods and people. The deeds of the gods are venerable for their perfection, the deeds of people are dear to us due to our kinship with them. But sometimes the latter arouse a certain kind of pity: when ignorance of good and evil is manifested in them - an ugliness no less than the inability to distinguish between white and black.
№ 461827   Added Viker 05-02-2024 / 12:05
You should do everything, talk about everything and think as if every moment could be your last. If gods exist, then leaving the ranks of people is not at all scary: after all, the gods will not plunge you into evil.
№ 461824   Added Viker 05-02-2024 / 12:04
We never take on cases in which innocent people may suffer. And woe to anyone who deceives us into signing us up for this.
№ 461645   Added MegaMozg 17-01-2024 / 03:30
In every book, the preface is the first and at the same time the last thing; it either serves as an explanation of the purpose of the essay, or as a justification and response to critics. But usually readers don’t care about the moral purpose or the magazine’s attacks, and therefore they don’t read the prefaces.
№ 461527   Added Viker 15-01-2024 / 12:58
And the thief will emerge from the darkness and after the deed will hide again. It is the custom of thieves to live cornered.
№ 461524   Added Viker 15-01-2024 / 12:57
- But this is shopkeeping, isn’t it? - he shouted. - Start a one and a half hundred thousand dollar business and quarrel over eight rubles! Learn to live generously!
№ 461350   Added MegaMozg 13-01-2024 / 15:30
We've had enough of government activities. It's time to get down to business.
№ 461348   Added MegaMozg 13-01-2024 / 15:24