slavery [Theme] Page 5

A slave is not a position "I will tolerate everything", it is a position "I will not do anything without a stick walking on my back". This is not a social position, it is, first of all, an internal position. And don't marry the beautiful word "humility," because a slave is just about pride and inaction.
Quote Explanation: from a collection of articles «Not a book. The ABC of Modern Man»
№ 406226   Added MegaMozg 02-11-2020 / 10:51
The worst slavery imaginable is voluntary slavery.
№ 404679   Added MegaMozg 29-09-2020 / 21:48
What does it mean to "believe in a person"? What can such faith be based on and what can it be? And then - what kind of person are we talking about? About some abstract, a team man with a capital letter, who does not yet exist and who will appear, so to speak, in the future? Or about each individual, living, specific person? From a Christian point of view, there are no difficulties here. When Christianity speaks of man, it really means every single living person. For his sake, it is said in the Gospel, ninety-nine other people must be abandoned, he is clothed with the image and likeness of God, he is called to eternity, and therefore his fate, the fate of even the most insignificant and socially insignificant person, is as important as the fate of the leader, genius, scientist. Even the Christian doctrine of death and salvation, the doctrine over which the propagandists of godlessness are so fond of mocking, is based on faith in the personal responsibility of each person and on faith in his freedom: I want - I am saved, I want - I die; and no one, not even God, can do anything against this freedom. I repeat: when Christianity talks about faith in man, it is clear. This doctrine can not be shared, it can be argued with, but it is impossible to deny that it is based on the affirmation of each individual human person as an infinite value, and value, moreover, eternal. "What good is it for a man if he acquires the whole world, and damages his soul?" (Matthew 16:26). As long as these words are heard on earth, as long as people remember the paradoxical Evangelical arithmetic, according to which one is always more valuable and more important than ninety-nine, it will not be possible to destroy the human personality, it will not be possible, therefore, to build to the end an already collectivized humanity, which will call its slavery freedom, its subordination to the impersonal benefit - rights, its prison - an earthly paradise. How terrible that so many do not yet understand that totalitarianism in all its forms is opposed on our earth only one thing - faith in God, who created man in His image and in his likeness, who called him to freedom and to eternity - this, and nothing else. The dispute of our age is a religious dispute and a dispute about religion; not to understand this, not to see the connection of all the terrible problems of our time with the depths of religious worldview - this is the same as hiding your head in the likeness of an ostrich under the wing. Distant or near? Man or humanity? Where to start, in the name of what to create? - Here are the questions that sooner or later, but will have to be answered by all mankind.
№ 403666   Added MegaMozg 09-09-2020 / 20:36
My homeland is where there is no freedom, but where people are fighting to get it.
Quote Explanation: Pine's amendment to Franklin's famous expression: "My homeland is where freedom is"
№ 403335   Added MegaMozg 02-09-2020 / 00:21
Be cleansed of blood: slavery gives birth only to a revolt of slaves.
№ 403147   Added MegaMozg 28-08-2020 / 11:21
There is as much difference between a Negro and an Indian as there is between a dog and a coyote. A dog can be beaten to death and it will still lick your boots, but if the coyote is deprived of freedom, it is like depriving it of air. An Indian will never make a slave. No one has ever been able to get him to breed in captivity, they don't eat, they don't talk, they don't sleep, they don't even make love.
№ 402642   Added MegaMozg 19-08-2020 / 07:39
The more religious the slave, the more calm he is.
№ 402641   Added MegaMozg 19-08-2020 / 07:36
Slavery is a natural condition for the poor.
№ 402637   Added MegaMozg 18-08-2020 / 15:54
Any Empire, where the dishwasher is essentially a knight - that this Empire is doomed to triumph. Conversely, any place where each knight - cattle, where each knight - serv, a slave, - that this country is doomed to the seven circles of hell.
№ 400141   Added MegaMozg 09-07-2020 / 10:33
Marriage is the cell of society, which consist of master, mistress, and a couple of servants; only two.
№ 398937   Added MegaMozg 23-06-2020 / 18:18
- It's not Virginia, Charlie.
White is everywhere the same, no offense.
- Fuck it, I'm Scottish. If anyone looks askance, just say you're black loyalist - got freedom for service to the crown.
Quote Explanation: Charlie, recently received in the illegal way, I was afraid to go to Montreal, since recently was a slave in Virginia.
№ 398461   Added MegaMozg 18-06-2020 / 20:45
To call a tyrant a tyrant has always been dangerous. But today is no less dangerous to call a slave a slave.
№ 397382   Added Viker 07-06-2020 / 14:33
J'aime la liberté, et languis en service,
Je n'aime point la cour, courtiser et me faut,
Je n aime la feintise, me déguiser et faut,
J'aime simplicité, et n'apprends que malice;

I don't like court, but in Rome I the court.
Freedom I love, but to be a slave.
I love the candor - the flatterers discovered your house;
Of acquiring the enemy, are self-serving shameful.
№ 397279   Added Viker 07-06-2020 / 14:17
- I would have killed all the peasants in the village.
- You what? For whom you take them, for the saints? It's geeks. They are animals. You can't trust them! Ask them for rice, they say that it is not! But really all they have, everything. Dig the ground, looking for the bins and you will find rice, salt, beans - all you will find! They hid all the mountains. After the battle, they attack the wounded. The peasants are liars, weasels and cowards. They are evil, stupid, bloodthirsty. I'm just funny! But who made them such beasts? It is you, you damn samurai, you did it! No matter where you fight, you're everywhere burn villages, destroy crops, take away food, rape women, get the men into slavery. But if they resist, you kill them.
№ 397237   Added Viker 07-06-2020 / 14:11
To Kenobi becomes aware, perhaps for the first time in my life that his desire to help others, only hurt them. As plans for escape and hope for rescue extinguished, the oppressive fear that he is unable to tame, will grow in Kenobi's heart. In order to lighten the load of his fellow slaves, disobedience he will be replaced by humility. When Kenobi will realize that he can't help those who are near, his spirit will be broken, and he will be mine.
№ 396046   Added Viker 24-05-2020 / 13:48