architecture [Theme]

Architecture is like writing. You need to edit it again and again to make it look easy.
№ 458194   Added MegaMozg 03-11-2023 / 01:03
…the goal of an architect is to improve the lives of as many people as possible, not just the wealthy. You cannot create ghettos for the poor and ghettos for the rich: communities must be mixed.
№ 448820   Added Viker 09-01-2023 / 11:30
Architecture makes sense of the world, transforming it into a more expressive and human-friendly place.
№ 442689   Added MegaMozg 05-08-2022 / 23:57
I see the task of architecture in protecting the authenticity of human existence.
№ 442687   Added MegaMozg 05-08-2022 / 23:51
I moved up the long bridge, flanked on both sides by shattered life-sized statues. The farther I went, the more clearly I saw how majestic this place must once have been. An octagonal temple city of extraordinary size and complexity. In Colchis, we had cathedrals and larger ones, but none of them created with such an understanding of the relationship between the real and the unreal. I immediately realized that these long-dead architects knew what they were doing. They knew the sacred degrees and proportions. They knew where to place watchtowers and belfries to catch the red light of the passing ancient sun of Davin and cast shadows that looked like teeth and horns and crooked claws at the edge of their vision.
№ 441169   Added MegaMozg 24-06-2022 / 01:42
From it, it was as if sunbeams scattered and tickled you in the chest and under the ribs.
№ 440761   Added Viker 14-06-2022 / 10:04
A pinch of poisonous potion was enough. Let's say hemlock (with which Socrates committed suicide), arsenic, hellebore. Adding these substances to wine solved any issue quickly and silently, unlike a stiletto or other weapon. In addition, it was not possible to determine the presence of poison in the body due to the backwardness of medicine. The death of the victim looked quite natural. That's why poisoning in the Middle Ages was a kind of art - like architecture, sculpture, music, painting. And the one who mastered this art had a great advantage over those who were laymen or amateurs in it.
№ 437870   Added MegaMozg 17-04-2022 / 15:39
The favorite and most important elements of my painting were the following eight: 1) architecture, for its certainty, contrast, clarity and constructiveness; 2) snow, for its exceptional purity and sensitivity to all light influences; 3) the sky, for the maximum space to the movements of the brush and the combination of the dynamics of the spots presented by him; 4) light, for its inherent enchanting powers; 5) space, for its ability to transform, generalize and absorb everything tangible, for its reduction to one denominator of all that is visible; 6) movement, for the living nerve communicated by it, for its organic connection with the movement of the whole element; 7) the sun, as an invariable patron of painting, as a source of light and colors, and in fact, almost the only theme of the painter; 8) the body, as the most sensual and subtle material, as a symbol of the most picturesque plasticity, picturesque sensuality.
№ 426729   Added Viker 31-08-2021 / 11:44
I can only say one thing, it is beautiful in Russia. Nature, architecture, the asses of Russian men. It's a pity I couldn't bring one as a souvenir.
№ 425951   Added Viker 20-08-2021 / 11:55
Knowledge, ilm, is like a wagon pulled by several horses. If one of the horses goes faster, the others will also have to quicken their pace in order to keep up with her. As a result, the traveler, alim, will benefit. Discoveries made in one area contribute to a deeper understanding of all others. Therefore, architecture should be friends with astronomy, astronomy with mathematics, arithmetic with philosophy, and so on.
№ 418047   Added MegaMozg 29-04-2021 / 11:00
It seemed that there was some amazing, insoluble and at the same time mutually exclusive connection between the person and the building. Like day and night, they could not coexist at the same time. When the sun rises, the moon disappears.
№ 417899   Added MegaMozg 27-04-2021 / 09:12
Never before had it occurred to Jahan that the Creator was the greatest architect. And all people in the world, no matter what faith they profess: Christians, Muslims, Jews, Zoroastrians, live under one invisible dome. Those who are endowed with perspicacity are able to see in the Universe an ingenious architectural design.
№ 417500   Added MegaMozg 26-04-2021 / 09:09
- It is very difficult to explain what a hügge is to those who are unfamiliar with the long dark months of the Scandinavian winter. And they left an imprint on our national soul. We, as a nation, like our design, it is available to everyone, regardless of class, level of education or wealth. Every Dane knows the names of Arne Jacobsen, Poul Henningsen, Hans Wegner.
- Chairs, light, architecture. Something was designed by these designers in the sixties, but still looks fresh and modern.
- Exactly. And this is reflected in our home. The British, I have heard, say that the house of the Englishman is his fortress, and for us the house is a safe harbor of the hugge. We spend a lot of time, especially in winter, at home. Over the years, our homes have become a place that can be made unique, where you can relax, take care of yourself and others. To give pleasure to those who are dear to you. Friends and family. The evening can begin at six o'clock and last until one o'clock in the morning.
№ 405417   Added MegaMozg 17-10-2020 / 16:30
If you give power to the urbanists of the seventies, they build Chertanovo. But you have to understand that the seventies and eighties in architecture is like the heyday of the sunset.
№ 382101   Added MegaMozg 07-11-2019 / 23:38
Nargothrond beautiful, but it hid under the ground and can't fly... We love to build palaces, and have fortress...
№ 378098   Added MegaMozg 09-09-2019 / 19:03