father [Theme] Page 3

My name is Vito Scaletta. I was born in Sicily, in the 25th year. This is our family. I am standing with my parents and sister Francesca. I don’t remember much about those times, except that life was hard, and then my father decided that it was time for us to leave. Cross the ocean and start a new life. Never in my life have I seen anything like Empire Bay. He was wonderful. However, it is difficult to imagine something more vile and disgusting than our new kennel. The American Dream… More like a nightmare. My father began to work in the port for the man who brought us here. He worked like a damned man, earned pennies and spent almost everything in a tavern. Over time, I was sent to school. I needed English, but the hell with two I would speak it with the Italians. That's where I met Joe. Gradually we became best friends. Since both of them whistled in their pockets, and there was no decent work, we started our own modest business. Well, then we're out of luck. In the yard was the 43rd year. There was a war. Landing in Sicily, Italian-speaking soldiers were needed. I was 18 and didn't want to go to jail. Who said that you can not return to your homeland? ..
Quote Explanation: Vito talks about himself at the beginning of the game.
My name is Vito Scaletta. I was born in Sicily, in the 25th...
№ 455771   Added Viker 24-08-2023 / 11:11
get
№ 453723   Added MegaMozg 20-05-2023 / 13:33
We are mere mortal temporary people on this Earth, but each of us has land, there is a cemetery, there is a maternity hospital, there is a mother, a father, there are roots, there is an exit ... Not an escape, not disappearance ... I'm already creeping up on the word " betrayal". It seems to me that the greatest crime and the most difficult act or offense is to betray, betray a loved one, betray your land, betray your home, relatives, friends, betray yourself. <...> In recent years, I live according to the principle of three concepts. You know, it's like they say, the Earth on three whales... Each of us has some rules that we want to comply with. Patience, sacrifice and non-betrayal. Under these three concepts, today I preserve myself, work, and want to leave all of myself to my long-suffering, centuries-old, tired, but very dreaming of my Motherland, which I wish you too.
Quote Explanation: In 2016, Sergei Bodrov Jr. would have turned 45 years old. In memory of him, the New Moscow portal, with the support of the All-Russian organization BROTHER IN BATTLE, launched the project “What is strength, brother?”.
№ 453662   Added MegaMozg 17-05-2023 / 11:21
Igor uttered these words and wanted to believe them himself, in the end, he did not know what the Young Father was like, what he could carry there while drunk.
№ 453341   Added Viker 04-05-2023 / 10:39
- This is such a person that he has lost the will to live, he walks the last meters around the world. It happens that someone becomes weak from hard work and hunger, and even begins to wither by leaps and bounds. There is no will in him to cling to life. The current has two desires: to eat to the full and sleep. Can't think of anything else. And this is a terrible thing. Such thoughts suck their master dry. Here it comes.
№ 453231   Added MegaMozg 01-05-2023 / 13:33
- All right, father!
Quote Explanation: Lloyd speaks to his father for the last time, on the verge of the death of all Ninjago...
№ 453094   Added MegaMozg 28-04-2023 / 08:33
At seventeen, I was convinced that my father was a complete fool. At twenty-one, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in four years.
№ 452969   Added MegaMozg 22-04-2023 / 17:33
Jesus told them, “If God were your Father, then you would love me, because I came and came from God; for I did not come of myself, but he sent me. Why do you not understand My speech? Because you cannot hear My words. Your father is the devil and you want to fulfill your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning and did not stand in the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks his own, for he is a liar and the father of lies.
Quote Explanation: From John (8:42-44).
№ 452507   Added MegaMozg 03-04-2023 / 00:03
- Mockingbirds are harmless birds, they only do what they sing for our pleasure. They do not peck berries in gardens, do not build nests in barns, but only sing their songs for us from the bottom of their hearts.
- Mockingbirds are harmless birds, they only do what they...
№ 452119   Added MegaMozg 24-03-2023 / 18:24
- In the night, or what?
№ 452095   Added MegaMozg 23-03-2023 / 17:54
If your father calls you, run headlong, even spitting meat out of your mouth, if you are having lunch; if the parents are unwell, express anxiety in looks and manners.
№ 451915   Added MegaMozg 17-03-2023 / 14:24
- I don't need your indulgence, Wendy. Not yours, not others. inexcusable
№ 451277   Added Viker 13-03-2023 / 09:25
Hal knew these people. They were divided into two categories: those who can be pushed around, and those who push you around. There were more of the former, but the father, unfortunately, belonged to the latter.
№ 450972   Added Viker 02-03-2023 / 11:42
A widower is not a father to children, he himself is an orphan.
№ 450962   Added Viker 02-03-2023 / 11:41