smoke [Theme] Page 3

... In difficult hours, when the "suffering man" plunges into liberating depths of self-accusation, he admitted to himself that his fifty-two easily slipped years are as insignificant against the background of the great struggle for existence as the smoke of a cigarette in a flaming train carriage is invisible.
№ 417063   Added MegaMozg 14-04-2021 / 11:36
Sailors who cry when a beautiful boy sings to a beautiful girl in his lap - oh, if I had the wings of an eagle, I'd fly to my love on the shore, and never again would I leave her, for she is the girl I adore!
And the girl cries
their, according to legends, healing tears of the lady.
And presses you to the chest of the one that is able to defocus in fights.
Oh, if I had the wings of an eagle!
And it smells of pints of beer, and fried meat, and sea water.
And the girl loves you by anyone.
Even an Irish sailor,
even a coke on a fishing sniffed schooner.
And the smoke in my hair, and the smell of iodine, the water of the sea, not departing from my skin, now its oxygen ...
№ 416426   Added MegaMozg 05-04-2021 / 14:00
And only sadness and shame poured out.
№ 415104   Added MegaMozg 16-03-2021 / 01:48
You taught me! .. ".
№ 414507   Added MegaMozg 05-03-2021 / 13:00
What is happening to me? How awkward a person becomes when he truly loves! How quickly self-confidence flies from him! And how lonely he seems to himself; all his vaunted experience suddenly dissipates like smoke, and he feels so insecure.
№ 412533   Added MegaMozg 31-01-2021 / 09:15
Personal diary. Encryption Protocol: Deandi Alpha-TR43... However, it is hardly needed. Ah, to hell with encryption! Let's live a dangerous life.
According to the annals, the Commandment was first sounded shortly after the appearance of the Jennerite Empire in its current incarnation. It put the survival of our species above all else. Some scholars believe that when the Commandment became something of a state motto, the empire lost its way, and as a result, Lothar Rendain came to power.
I am pleased to report that today's victory corrected the mistake made by our ancestors. When the smoke clears and we jennerites learn the lesson, I hope it will be time to forget the Commandment once and for all.
"To the end. At any cost." These words are taught to us from birth. But those of us who survived the War for Solus know that there is a price that cannot be paid. Some debts will haunt us for the rest of our unnaturally long lives. We must now find new words that will guide us and our allies.
I would suggest "Live together, die alone," but I accept other options.
Rendein is no more, as is our beloved Empress Lenora. And even though we are left without a helmsman in this new era, one thing is clear: we must follow this path together, as guardians of the Last Star. Like sentries in darkness.
Children of the Commandment, our war is not over yet. If we're lucky, it's never going to end.
№ 412390   Added MegaMozg 30-01-2021 / 06:54
It's better to die young here.
№ 411933   Added MegaMozg 22-01-2021 / 22:48
I'm nailed to the tavern counter.
I've been drunk for a long time. I don't care.
Out of my happiness on the troika
In the ribbed smoke carried away...
Quote Explanation: 1908
№ 411346   Added MegaMozg 13-01-2021 / 03:15
Kitsune decorated the grave with flowers. Then she struck sparks, setting incense on fire. Lights danced obediently, thin smoke stretched towards the cloudy sky. Watching the blue streams, Mei reflected on memory, frost and pain. About smiles and how they leave a trace in the heart forever. About the impossibility now to say and explain something. That loss teaches humility.
Quote Explanation: The main character comes to the grave of her mentor, grieving the loss of a loved one.
№ 408884   Added MegaMozg 10-12-2020 / 18:09
The great destroyers of Pyrrhoism, or excessive skepticism, are the activities, occupations, and affairs of everyday life. These principles can flourish and dominate [philosophical] schools, where it is really difficult, if not impossible, to refute them. But as soon as they come out of the shadows, and through the presence of real objects that excite our affects and feelings, they come face to face with the strongest principles of our nature, they will disappear like smoke, leaving the most convinced skeptic in the same position as other mortals.
№ 405050   Added MegaMozg 06-10-2020 / 21:27
... how often do we look where the smoke is going, instead of asking where the wind is coming from.
Quote Explanation: story "Smoke"
№ 404833   Added MegaMozg 03-10-2020 / 18:03
I like cigarettes, Miss Taggart. I like to think about the fire that a person holds in their hands. Fire, this powerful, dangerous force that a person has tamed and holds at his fingertips. I often think about those minutes when a person sits all alone, looks at the smoke of his cigarette and thinks. I have often asked myself what great accomplishments have grown out of such minutes. When a person thinks, a spark of living fire flares up in his consciousness, and at such moments the light of a smoking cigarette is, as it were, a reflection of his personality.
№ 404547   Added MegaMozg 26-09-2020 / 14:27
- You have lost a relative, though respected, but annoying, and does not look like yourself, and I ... I was half dead with Polyxene, I was left with only the sea and duty. Try to understand it at least now! <... >
- Well, Your Highness, <... > you compared... Uncle Veselli, with whom we nibbled on each other for twenty years, and it is unknown what.
- Rothger, I respect your loss...
- You don't respect it, otherwise you wouldn't be carrying nonsense. Pour, my hands are busy.
- Love is not nonsense!
- Only you, unlike your uncle, did not like a cat. And he didn't like the cat either. You don't know how your love sneezes, how it snores in a dream, how it laughs. She never slapped you, told you to put on a warm bell, sat down as you charted a course to hear her new ribbon coming... You are speculative, and therefore your suffering is smoke.
№ 404234   Added MegaMozg 21-09-2020 / 19:48
Have you ever lost a loved one? No, not that. Have you ever lost loved ones this way? First, only a voice ... then an explosion ... after smoke ... then screams ... It's like all your dreams are parting with life. After such a loss, you are left with only anger. From this anger a veil falls on your eyes. When anger engulfs your body, it is as if the mind leaves it. This is the kind of person you should be afraid of!
Quote Explanation: Yavuz loses his fiancée in an explosion.
№ 404002   Added MegaMozg 17-09-2020 / 01:09
Katya, Katya, Katerina,
How to live in the line of events so far:
When the right doctrine,
Do not understand the feelings of the human,
When to me, and I'll run
When someone I run
And destiny slow to lose,
And to see it do not want?!
What with the world that cherished?
What to do with those concepts
What we have raised for many years,
And sheltered from all harm.
Now faced with the real,
Without compromise to be in the fight,
And as a root asphalt storm,
Through the thorns to the stars to move me?!
Like in the waters of the mighty sea
I thought reflection burn,
Your doubts, look Zagora,
Deep breath and smoke in foil!
Quote Explanation: The reference to Ekaterina Fedosova. Why it all changes when childhood to the adult world...
№ 399173   Added MegaMozg 26-06-2020 / 12:27