aviation [Theme]

Suddenly, unexpectedly, well, completely, absolutely. Just imagine that a shell flew into the plane and exploded. The engineer reports to me on board: “Good news commander, the fire is extinguished! ". The earth was climbing, as if you were not descending, but the earth was climbing on you. How it dawned on me! I give the helm away from myself, consciously, I give the helm away from myself. Sharply gave and sharply took and looked. The plane moved slightly even. And it means that the plane rocked a little like that. And I look at the corners slightly increased, increased, increased. But I’m looking at the device, and it stopped at one point near the one and stands. Then again, fluff! All devices worked, switched to subsonic. Phew, well, that's it.
Quote Explanation: Aviation accident in a test flight on July 31, 1980.
№ 437653   Added MegaMozg 12-04-2022 / 00:39
Where aviation begins, order ends.
Quote Explanation: The saying came from the fact that in the ground units, the majors and the colonel did not go into battle on tanks or attack, but in aviation even generals flew on sorties. And how does he manage if he flies himself and solves issues between sleep and departures.
№ 434549   Added Viker 26-01-2022 / 18:54
The order, which was given to the Air Force command from June 21 to 22, was not carried out.
Release Date: 14.11.2021
№ 432019   Added MegaMozg 15-11-2021 / 06:27
Aviation will give new food to the religious spirit of humanity. It will add air space to those great seekers of cosmic mood like forest, sea, desert.
№ 430279   Added MegaMozg 05-10-2021 / 19:09
And how good is the writer Mark Lazarevich Gallay. You cannot call him an extra-class pilot either, but how much knowledge he gave in aviation science to people in his famous books and scientific works. At the test pilot school, in our course, he taught "Flight Test Technique." We really enjoyed listening to his lectures. Oral lectures. Alexander Vasilyevich Fedotov, then Sasha, the headman of our course, diligently recorded all his lectures, which were later published in a separate edition. Much has been said about the safety of test flights ...
№ 423510   Added Viker 17-07-2021 / 14:01
In our country, many pilots took up the pen. Praise them. They left a lot to people from the history of aviation, about the people who made this aviation. And not one of them paid attention to the technical staff of people, true patriots of aviation. Low bow to them from all living and dead pilots.
№ 421820   Added MegaMozg 05-07-2021 / 11:45
And then the war years worked: a weak, half-starved, and even in the fifth grade, when we have a wounded Pe-2 plane in Khvoinoy, he came in for landing, cut the tops of three pine trees near the railway bridge, crashed into the house where the Zagotzerno office was located. 11 people were killed. They are buried in our cemetery in a mass grave. I then ran away from the lesson to Zagotzern, saw all this terrible tragedy and vowed: I will be a pilot.
№ 418849   Added MegaMozg 09-05-2021 / 22:36
Pilot, navigator, radio operator and lead engineer - This is always the backbone of the flight experiment.
№ 418335   Added MegaMozg 03-05-2021 / 13:39
The main concentration of attention is one of the main qualities of a pilot.
№ 418334   Added MegaMozg 03-05-2021 / 13:36
- Let's blow the.
- No, we won't do that.
- But why?
- Because roosters don't fly!
Quote Explanation: Once colleagues decided to make fun of Nikolai Yegorovich and his wind tunnel.
№ 418056   Added Viker 29-04-2021 / 11:20
... If everything invented and developed on the ground worked as flawlessly in the air, flight tests would not be necessary. And you and I would urgently have to change our profession.
Quote Explanation: A. P. Chernavsky — M. L. Gallai
№ 418054   Added Viker 29-04-2021 / 11:20
Test pilots are often referred to as aircraft examiners. This is honorable and generally correct. But we must not forget that if a test pilot examines an airplane, then the airplane also examines a test pilot every time, in every flight. And he does it with all the severity. The cut off person will often never be able to try to correct the mark.
№ 417993   Added MegaMozg 28-04-2021 / 00:45
A person does not have wings and in relation to the weight of his body to the weight of muscles is 72 times weaker than a bird ... But I think that he will fly, relying not on the strength of his muscles, but on the strength of his mind.
Quote Explanation: In 1898.
№ 417859   Added MegaMozg 27-04-2021 / 03:15