selfishness [Theme] Page 5

You see what's already happening... And it could get much worse. For your good, I would have to disappear from your life. But I can't. Yeah, I'm the worst I could imagine next to you... But I want to be there. Forgive me for this selfishness. For not trusting myself, I ask you to trust me.
Quote Explanation: Novella: "Dracula: A Love Story"
№ 410943   Added MegaMozg 08-01-2021 / 13:51
- Do your hands even grow from the back seat?
- Believe me, buddy. With these hands I am able not only to lure ladies
№ 410609   Added MegaMozg 03-01-2021 / 23:06
Good intentions are the path to light, while egoism, on the contrary, is a portal to nothingness.
№ 410272   Added MegaMozg 28-12-2020 / 18:06
- At all, except yourself.
№ 409803   Added MegaMozg 20-12-2020 / 02:21
She could think about death, but then found a reason to live. This approach helps loners. If you are lonely, then there are two ways out: either selfishness or suicide.
Quote Explanation: Character from the text-based role-playing game "Barefoot on Baker Street"
№ 408328   Added Viker 07-12-2020 / 13:32
Man is "I" and "mine". And then everything else.
№ 407308   Added wisewords 22-11-2020 / 16:33
"I know you think a lot about God," Sensur said thoughtfully. - Alas, I can't answer all your questions. Believe me, no one in the world can do this, including your mother and her crazy preacher. - Mensur took one sip of the crayfish that remained at the bottom of the glass. - I'm not a big hunter of religion and its ardent adherents. But God makes me sympathetic. You know why? - (Peri shook her head.) - Because He is alone, my soul. As lonely as I am... How are you doing... He has no one to talk to except maybe a few angels, but can you have fun with the cherubs? Billions of people pray to Him: "Send me victory, send me money, send me a red Ferrari, send me a don't know what." Day and night He is bombarded with requests, but no one gives himself the trouble to know Him. - Mensur spun a glass in his fingers, sadness glowed again in his eyes. - Remember how people who witnessed an accident on the road react? The first thing they say is, "Save Allah!" They think of themselves, not the victims. All human prayers are similar to one another. "Lord, save me, protect me, support me..." This is called piety, and in my opinion it is pure selfishness.
№ 406111   Added MegaMozg 30-10-2020 / 20:15
On the topic of "Remark and Osnabrück" I can't really help you, because I have antipathy to everything autobiographical, as well as to biographies. I still perceive them as a reassessment of self-importance and thus as an indirect egoism disguised by a little vanity. Some writers like to talk about themselves and their lives, others prefer to have their work evaluated. I belong to the latter... What I have learned in life is already used in my books, the rest is purely personal and does not matter for work.
Quote Explanation: Reply to a letter from a friend of his youth, April 1969. Quote from Wilhelm von Sternburg's book "Remark." As if everything is for the last time. "
№ 405717   Added MegaMozg 23-10-2020 / 02:51
Saying "no" to people is quite natural, it is an element of the awakening process: you build your life the way you want. And remember: this is not selfishness. Selfishness is when you require a person to do what YOU want. That's where selfishness is – it's not about living as you like. To be selfish is to demand that the other proceed from your preferences or pride, so that he lives for your benefit or pleasure. That's what selfishness is. So I'm going to defend myself. I don't have to be with you, I don't have to agree with you. If I like your company, I share it without clinging to you. But now I will not avoid you because you cause negative emotions in me. From now on, you have no control over me.
№ 405013   Added MegaMozg 06-10-2020 / 19:36
It is better to prevent manifestations of selfishness than to cure.
№ 404892   Added MegaMozg 03-10-2020 / 20:57
And after all, everyone wants to be sympathized with. And no one is capable of compassion. Units. Franz. Of all the people I know, he is the only one capable of compassion. In people, pity for others is a subconscious fear that the same will happen to you. Selfishness. And their thirst to help is the need to lick themselves *** to their righteousness. Each of us deserves a huge personal Armageddon.
№ 404635   Added MegaMozg 28-09-2020 / 17:21
My frank love - crashed against her hidden selfishness!
№ 404632   Added MegaMozg 28-09-2020 / 17:12
Love resembles an altar for sacrifices, if you don’t sacrifice your ambitions and selfishness, it will fade away.
№ 403231   Added MegaMozg 30-08-2020 / 14:45
Progress - develops in a person blind egoism and langierous laziness!
№ 403183   Added MegaMozg 28-08-2020 / 19:42
“To be a vampire is to be a murderer. I have come to terms with this fate. Blood has become my life, and in order to preserve it, I will kill. I will not lose my immortality to protect the witch. She doesn't mean anything, and her life is certainly not more important than mine.
№ 402864   Added MegaMozg 27-08-2020 / 16:21