standards [Theme]

Culture enforces standards of false success.
№ 465766   Added MegaMozg 11-04-2024 / 03:36
Materialists, naturalists and atheists have a fairly long history of denying the existence of things that do not fit into their very narrow, limited picture of the world. God is always number one on their list of objects of denial. But the public does not realize, and atheists do not publicize, the fact that their naturalistic, materialistic philosophy requires the denial of much more than God. They don't want the world to know this, because then people will wake up and see what a stupid picture of the world these philosophers are imposing on them. For example, the strict scientific empiricism demanded by the New Atheists—the idea that only those things exist that science observes and discovers—also requires a denial of the existence of mind. Science has not discovered intelligence. Only electrical signals can be found in the brain, but this is not the same as the mind. Have you ever seen someone else's thoughts? Have you experienced their internal states? Did you feel their emotions? No. All we see are external actions. The inner minds of others are beyond our means of perception. Does this mean that we do not believe that others have consciousness similar to ours? If we begin to consistently apply the standards of scientific empiricism that atheists actively use, we will inevitably come to this conclusion. This is absurd! This is why we reject scientific empiricism and the simple-minded atheism based on it.
№ 457984   Added Viker 31-10-2023 / 12:59
Always ready to bless you!
№ 455256   Added MegaMozg 25-07-2023 / 21:12
“Are you talking about the bad reviews from the tutor at the prep school?” Or do you not like your work? Success or failure, fame or unpopularity... there are all sorts of standards of art in the world. But, Yaguchi-san, when you were painting that blue picture, were you thinking about failure? Of course, it is hardly possible to enter the TUI with her. But it was a good picture. Yaguchi-san, show me what you want to express. After all, art is a language without words. Try to forget about failure. And then all the skills and knowledge accumulated by you, along with this work, will become your strength.
Quote Explanation: TUI - Tokyo University of the Arts
“Are you talking about the bad reviews from the tutor at...
№ 451866   Added MegaMozg 15-03-2023 / 23:48
Confucian ethical and ritual norms and values became indisputably obligatory for all members of society, from the emperor to the commoner. Extremely stable standards of behavior and speech, clearly fixed rites and ceremonies were adopted by the Confucian scholar-official, and the Buddhist monk, and the itinerant merchant, and the settled peasant or artisan.
№ 451747   Added Viker 14-03-2023 / 10:08
I'm tired of fighting. Tired of following
№ 450041   Added Viker 08-02-2023 / 11:06
Being a woman is very difficult. This is the ability to put on makeup, and walk in heels, and fit into tight jeans from three years ago, and find the wisdom to smile at the moment when you want to take a bat and smash everything around to smithereens. And the secret is simple - it is in self-love and permission not to squeeze into the standards. We are all beautiful when we live the way our hearts desire.
№ 443927   Added MegaMozg 27-08-2022 / 03:12
And gold standards lose their luster over time.
№ 440637   Added MegaMozg 10-06-2022 / 23:45
Where there are three people, there are already double standards.
№ 439966   Added Viker 27-05-2022 / 10:34
“The word“ kill ”can be applied not only to animate objects. Take, for example, the expression "kill time". Perhaps the women you are talking about are ready to kill their standards and expectations?
№ 429535   Added Viker 29-09-2021 / 18:24
- And who said that being like everyone else is better than being a black sheep? He looked at me and smiled. - The white crow sets its own standards. How to look, how to behave, with whom to communicate, whom to love. She does not need to be guided by anyone, she is her own mistress. I am what I am, you know? I am absolutely in parallel if someone does not like me. The main thing is that everything I live with is pleasant to me. This is the whole thrill. No rules, no framework.
№ 428797   Added Viker 29-09-2021 / 16:25
Laughter is more dangerous for a politician than hatred, but it is more important not who is laughed at, but who laughs. No doubt, it is foolish when the inscription "God is with us" was embossed on the buckles of Hitler's soldiers, but it is even more stupid when God is mentioned in the Constitution of Russia and in the anthem of Russia "you are the only one, kept by God, native land.". It is bad when people are massively exterminated in Hitler's Germany, and the Jews did the same with the Ammonites, cutting them out in cities from a baby to an old man, and in the USSR Yezhov instructed employees: "everyone should prepare for mass repressions against Harbin, Poles, Germans ...". If in Germany and Russia one language is mandatory for all as the state language, and in Israel a law on the status of the Arabic language and on the Jewish character of the Israeli state has been adopted, then Ukraine will no longer cause complaints. Other standards cannot be applied to Ukraine in relation to Ukrainians, allegedly violating the generally recognized principles and norms of international law, if Tatars in Russia cannot expect answers from sellers in stores in the Tatar language.
№ 424045   Added Viker 23-07-2021 / 16:32
After yu's arrest. Tymoshenko western countries swept a real storm of protests. I now compare their silence about the shelling of hospitals, schools, kindergartens by artillery, the wounding and death of children and civilians of Donbass with the hysteria that erupted over the arrest of Tymoshenko, and I am getting scared. This is not just a double standard, but in general the complete absence of universal norms of morality, which is so fond of talking in the West. Once the famous Russian poet Konstantin Simonov wrote clever lines: "There is no other person's grief, who is afraid to confirm this, probably, or kills or prepares for murderers..."
Quote Explanation: memories
№ 422201   Added MegaMozg 06-07-2021 / 06:51
It is extremely reckless to judge others by your own standards.
№ 418789   Added MegaMozg 09-05-2021 / 14:00
Schools need to be guided by standards of behavior and dress, which are based on international experience and at the same time fully take into account the national traditions of our people. We should not blindly follow “false religious stereotypes” that have come to us from outside, we have our own national flavor. It is unacceptable when, due to religious beliefs, children, in fact, are deprived of the opportunity to receive secondary or higher education, are cut off from the sources of knowledge.
№ 416296   Added MegaMozg 04-04-2021 / 12:33