perception [Theme] Page 1

The world is your perception of it. The inner and outer always correspond; they are reflections of each other. The world is a mirror image of your thoughts. If there is chaos and confusion within you, then your outer world should reflect this. You must see what you believe because you are a confused thinker who looks outward and sees himself. You are the interpreter of everything, and if there is chaos within you, then everything you see and hear must also be chaos. Even if Jesus or Buddha were standing in front of you, you would hear confused words because the confusion would be in the listener. You would only hear what you thought they were saying, and you would start arguing with them as soon as your story was threatened.
№ 458556   Added MegaMozg 14-11-2023 / 14:42
Anxieties, fears and doubts prevent us from living in joy and peace. Make a decision to break the vicious cycle of negative thoughts. Perception can greatly distort the real picture. The picture of the world is projected by our internal state. We see our reflection around us.
№ 458404   Added MegaMozg 09-11-2023 / 18:42
... when I write, I never imagine characters, faces, I have an auditory perception. And the way I hear them is the music of emotions, the music of words and silence, which arises as a distance between what people say and what they actually want to say.
Quote Explanation: From a 2018 interview published in the St. Petersburg Theater Magazine.
№ 457364   Added Viker 31-10-2023 / 11:19
Trust issues often plague narcissists. They seem to believe that everyone acts with the same cunning and cunning as they do. This distorted perception breeds unfounded accusations and manipulative behavior, creating a web of deception that ensnares their victims.
№ 455622   Added MegaMozg 08-08-2023 / 22:21
To people I have an incredible openness, sympathy and trust. I like them all very much, because in my life, as a rule, I came across very good people. I can't even remember the bad ones. I sincerely tell you - a huge number of wonderful people, I don’t know why, but I had and have had such an perception for the rest of my life.
№ 455478   Added MegaMozg 04-08-2023 / 13:36
Buddhists say that how I see a particular thing or event is determined by what I have done, thought and said up to that moment. Long before!
№ 454996   Added MegaMozg 15-07-2023 / 00:54
Importance, necessity, urgency, beauty, comfort, convenience - as a rule, all these parameters characterize not the thing itself, but our perception of this thing.
№ 454995   Added MegaMozg 15-07-2023 / 00:51
A person tends to reproduce familiar emotions, sensations and situations that will confirm his own perception of the world around him and himself. That is why he can "step on the same rake" and not even realize the reasons for their occurrence.
№ 451217   Added Viker 13-03-2023 / 08:51
- It all depends on the point of view, my friend. If they haven't seen blond boys with blue eyes so far, maybe you're scaring them.
- It all depends on the point of view, my friend. If they...
№ 448940   Added MegaMozg 10-01-2023 / 15:30
The more open you are to the world, the more it gives you. Photography can enhance your ability to perceive.
№ 447880   Added Viker 23-12-2022 / 10:41
One of my favorite statements is that health is about accepting, perceiving and dealing with reality on its own terms.
№ 446583   Added MegaMozg 17-11-2022 / 06:45
Walking is about exploring surfaces and textures with your fingers, toes and - phew! - language; it is to stand still and watch who or what passes and passes by; it is to experience different modes of locomotion (among them running, stepping, kicking, jumping, running away, falling hard, spinning around on one's own axis, and shuffling noisily). This is archeology: examine a piece of a discarded candy wrapper; collect pebbles, twigs and a torn corner of a book cover in the palm of your hand; smear dirt on the ground. It is to stop to listen to the whisper of the wind in the leaves of the trees; determine the source of bird trills; and point your finger at it. Look! - the hand is extended so that your companion can see what you see. This is the time to share what you see.
Quote Explanation: child's perception of walking
№ 444791   Added MegaMozg 21-09-2022 / 13:33
Children's perception of the world is completely unique. Here any surprised word is like God's dew.
№ 442095   Added MegaMozg 12-07-2022 / 15:15
Buddhism teaches that our suffering does not arise from reality, but from our judgments about reality. Buddhists say that there is no success or failure, strength or weakness. These are simply labels that we use to judge our experiences, and these labels can be confusing and hurtful to us.
№ 440460   Added MegaMozg 05-06-2022 / 11:45
Polyamory challenges two ideas that still dominate the public mind: asserting fatherhood through sexual control over women, and treating a romantic partner as one's own.
№ 440157   Added Viker 27-05-2022 / 11:35