fear [Theme] Page 1

- Marriage.
№ 463532   Added Viker 14-03-2024 / 13:24
Then, alarmed by unconfirmed rumors that the Inglesi would take away medals, war photographs and notices of the death of their husbands and sons in the war, people flocked to their gardens and fields to bury these relics. And even Amedeo one night took Flavio’s medal, wrapped it in a piece of leather and hid it under a palm tree in the yard.
Quote Explanation: The behavior of citizens after the victory over the fascists.
№ 463487   Added Viker 14-03-2024 / 13:17
Nothing hinders the search for like-minded people more than the fear of remaining misunderstood.
Quote Explanation: (Igor Orlov for the magazine Svoy
№ 463417   Added Viker 14-03-2024 / 11:23
But fear is an emotion that is best not shown. As soon as you admit it, it spreads like a virus. It destroyed our politics: the regulators poured it into us drop by drop for decades and made us accommodating, set us against each other, and now they themselves are raping the whole world.
№ 463412   Added Viker 14-03-2024 / 11:22
Hockey is a simple sport: if the will to win is stronger than the fear of losing, then you have a chance. He who is afraid will never win.
№ 463397   Added Viker 14-03-2024 / 10:48
Using various tricks you can forget for a while about jitters and mental pain, but you cannot run away from them. Feelings of restlessness and bitterness cannot be cured by loud music, shopping or entertainment, because illusions do not help. You can escape into them for a while, but then everything: fear, confusion, guilt - returns, but with increased strength. And there is nowhere to hide from this - illusions have lost their magic and can no longer intoxicate. You are left alone with reality and feel how the world and life are falling apart. You don't know what to grab onto to stay in place. You have no idea what phrases to calm yourself down with. Everything seems so... so... insignificant and stupid.
№ 463271   Added MegaMozg 13-03-2024 / 15:57
“I had a hard time deciding to travel,” the blonde spoke. - And now no one knows what else awaits me... and you... ahead. I heard Witt say, no one knows what tests will be encountered. I won’t lie, when I learned about the Book and the Chosen Ones, I was afraid of the difficulties... I was afraid, but I set out on the warpath. Fear has not left me. And if I had known that I would suffer so much, leaving the Tower of Sunlight and Shoitav, I would have given up the Book... everything!
№ 463123   Added Viker 13-03-2024 / 12:07
It is impossible to foresee everything in the world. And even more so - to bear the responsibility for others. Everyone chooses their own path. And sometimes nothing can force you to turn off that path. Neither any persuasion, nor great promises, nor mortal fear... For the only goal comes first. Even life itself.
Quote Explanation: Quote from the story “When the Sea is Silent.”
№ 462826   Added MegaMozg 13-03-2024 / 10:45
They will love you because I love you. And stronger than their love is only the fear that I will deprive them of their inheritance.
№ 462691   Added MegaMozg 08-02-2024 / 08:27
From the lecture How
Quote Explanation: From the lecture “How to love yourself”
№ 462545   Added MegaMozg 06-02-2024 / 14:39
The awareness of the inevitability of death came to me early, at the age of thirteen or fourteen. The French literary critic Charles du Bose, Edith Wharton's friend and translator, coined a clever phrase for this: le réveil mortel. What's the best way to translate? “Death Alarm Ring” is a bit from the field of hotel services. “Death-knowledge”, “awakening to death” - smacks too much of German philosophy. "Awareness of death"? - but this suggests a condition rather than a pinpoint lightning strike. In a sense, the bad (first) translation of Dubosov’s expression fits best: it’s really as if you are in an unfamiliar hotel room, where your predecessor left the alarm clock set, and at a monstrous early hour you are suddenly torn from sleep into the darkness of the morning by panic fear and cruel realization that in this world you are just a guest.
№ 462492   Added Viker 06-02-2024 / 13:38
One of the most barbaric ways to enforce discipline from a child is to give him a good scare.
№ 462487   Added Viker 06-02-2024 / 10:11
Hate complements fear, and narcissists like to be feared. This fills them with an intoxicating feeling of omnipotence.
№ 462483   Added Viker 06-02-2024 / 10:11
Your fear, once experienced, will emerge even stronger in the depths of your brain when you close your eyes.
Your fear, once experienced, will emerge even stronger in...
№ 462374   Added Viker 05-02-2024 / 19:51