the adoption [Theme]

Baker came to Moscow to bargain, to look for a compromise. He told Gorbachev: we understand perfectly well that you perceive the reunification of Germany as a threat to your security. We can give our guarantees. First: NATO will not advance “not an inch” to the East - as it was on the territory of Germany, it will remain there. Second: the United States is ready to not allow any deployment of NATO troops outside the zone in which they are currently located. We are ready to give written guarantees. But we want to know exactly what you need. We had different options. We could, for example, demand that Germany withdraw from NATO and consolidate the non-aligned status of the united Germany. It is not a fact that the Americans would agree to this, but it was possible to put forward such conditions. One could even talk about creating a kind of buffer - a belt of neutral states in the center of Europe. This would be insurance against a new cooling in relations with the West. Moreover, even then it was obvious: the Warsaw Pact would most likely cease to exist. We could also insist that NATO not move an inch east of its then borders, as Baker actually proposed. For a greater guarantee, one could demand the adoption of an official declaration, hold a major conference, say, in Helsinki, something like Helsinki-2, where new agreements would be proclaimed and an important declaration would be adopted, which, even without being a legal document, would commit to adherence to certain rules by both parties to the negotiations. But neither Gorbachev nor Shevardnadze, who headed the USSR Ministry of Foreign Affairs, presented anything similar to Baker. The Secretary of State is confused. He is trying to extract something from the Russian negotiators, at least some additional condition from them so that the agreement has a more solid basis, but he gets nothing. From Gorbachev he simply hears: “Okay, we agree.”
№ 465922   Added MegaMozg 15-04-2024 / 10:54
True compassion is not only an emotional response, but also a conscious acceptance of an unshakable commitment. Thus, a truly compassionate attitude toward others does not change even if those others behave negatively.
№ 464956   Added MegaMozg 19-03-2024 / 17:15
The humble acceptance of death from old age is logical and correct, because today there is no solution to significant longevity or more. In the future it may well be, but today we are at this stage of social evolution and we have what we have. This means there should be no grief, but only peaceful recognition. Being realistic is important for a rich and rewarding life.
№ 464936   Added MegaMozg 19-03-2024 / 16:15
You don't have to give up your life to do this. To do this, you don't need to do anything at all. Just let things happen. It will happen without your permission.
№ 464778   Added Viker 19-03-2024 / 12:41
I'm not talking about politics or gender reform at all. I'm talking about the present moment in time. Unhappiness is always made out of a struggle for the current second to be something different. Not as it is.
№ 464777   Added Viker 19-03-2024 / 12:41
Bring a “New Way” from eternal night?
№ 463005   Added Viker 13-03-2024 / 11:14
Find out yourself, here, on the edge of the void?
№ 463003   Added Viker 13-03-2024 / 11:13
No. You are not a lie. But you're lying! You penetrated me to confuse and confuse me! But I know he's here. I know you have it. I'll give you my life. Is this what you want? My soul. Take her. I will be your slave. Your warrior. I will fight by your side when Ragnarok comes... if you let him go... But if not... you will have to kill me, because I have nothing left. No fear. No hate. No debt. Nothing. You have no power over me.
№ 460945   Added MegaMozg 10-01-2024 / 21:15
Through accepting our mistakes and shortcomings, we discover new facets of our existence and find true beauty in our lives.
Quote Explanation: Admitting our mistakes and shortcomings allows us to grow, develop and strive to become better. In the process, we discover new moments of beauty and harmony in our lives, see beauty in the world around us and begin to appreciate what we previously did not attach importance to.
№ 459821   Added Viker 07-12-2023 / 19:09
Sometimes I go through very serious tests and pass them quite smoothly and with dignity. As if I know where to go, as if wisdom and acceptance are inside me. And sometimes someone steps on your foot and you want to cry inconsolably all day. What is this? Is it just me?
№ 459497   Added Viker 07-12-2023 / 12:40
Being strong doesn't mean always smiling. To be strong is to allow yourself to express any emotions.
№ 459496   Added Viker 07-12-2023 / 12:40
You know, the words “I want” are not necessarily selfishness. Sometimes this is a necessary, slightly belated stage of self-acceptance.
№ 459437   Added Viker 07-12-2023 / 12:31
If you don’t like it, go to other places, but I don’t see any point in arguing about these issues, especially when it comes to faith. It’s like an acceptance, which you either believe or don’t believe. This is the concept of choice. God doesn’t force anyone to come to Him at all, so you understand too. Here you have complete freedom to choose what you want.
№ 458837   Added Viker 05-12-2023 / 12:54
I have the power of the goddess, her blood... I am the only living heir of Persephone. No vampire, witch, or mortal will have power over me.
№ 455693   Added MegaMozg 11-08-2023 / 23:36