victory [Theme] Page 3

Victory without honor is not victory.
Victory without honor is not victory.
№ 424491   Added MegaMozg 29-07-2021 / 14:18
What matters is what you learned in battle.
What matters is what you learned in battle.
№ 424453   Added MegaMozg 28-07-2021 / 21:12
Victory can always turn into defeat. And vice versa.
Victory can always turn into defeat. And vice versa.
№ 424254   Added MegaMozg 26-07-2021 / 20:36
Not everything that looks like victory is victory.
Not everything that looks like victory is victory.
№ 424253   Added MegaMozg 26-07-2021 / 20:33
But I would not wish anyone to be involved in divine games. Victory or death. There is no third.
Quote Explanation: Novella "Fury of the Titans"
№ 423589   Added MegaMozg 17-07-2021 / 17:06
We all love trophies. It doesn't matter, soft toys, scarves, key chains, photos for Instagram, curls of hair, baby teeth of children. They all say: I've been here. I did it. This is my story. My victory. My reward. My treasure. We find it creepy when serial killers take their victims with them, when they touch them again and again to feel the thrill of murder again. But, in essence, they are no different from the rest.
№ 422966   Added MegaMozg 11-07-2021 / 19:12
...... a population that, swallowing from the media of misinformation, naively believes that in order for life to improve, it must first be seriously worsened. And then even a minor change for the better will be perceived as a victory. Just like in
a well-known anecdote about the father of the family, who came to the sage and complains: "We live in a one-room apartment with five, two families, cramped, difficult." The sage advises him to get a dog and settle it with them. The father of the family does not understand, but the sage advises, so it is necessary to do. Life becomes even more unbearable. The father again goes to the sage. He listened and advised to have a goat: they say, you will drink milk. And again the father of the family listens to the advice. Life becomes quite unbearable. Again you have to go to the sage. He wonders how so - all the advice is not for the future? Well, then try to give someone a goat. The father of the sage's family listened, did as he said. A week later, a joyful person comes to him and says: "They gave the goat - it became great to live, the only thing that interferes is the dog. At night he gawk, he does not let him sleep." The sage listened to him and again advised: "Well, if the dog interferes with sleep, give it to someone." They gave the dog away. And the family healed happily. The wife baked the cake and said to her husband: "Take the cake to the sage, thanks to his advice we finally healed well and happily. If it were not for his wisdom, we would have suffered for the rest of our lives." Unfortunately, this is what is happening in our country. Instead of living with our minds, we live as someone else's. And life, if you look at it with a sober look, is getting worse and worse. It's time to give someone both a "goat" and a "dog". The only question is: who will take them?
Quote Explanation: memories
№ 422664   Added MegaMozg 08-07-2021 / 19:24
I think she should agree to a draw. This is already a major achievement. However, a draw is not a victory. It's no secret that Elizabeth Harmon loves to win.
№ 422047   Added MegaMozg 05-07-2021 / 23:06
Victory does not give strength - struggle gives strength. If you fight and don't give up, that is strength!
№ 421653   Added MegaMozg 29-06-2021 / 23:48
You see, Sarah, whatever a person does, any feat is not a victory over the dragon, it is a victory over the stupid inertia of the human masses. In any area. Is always. Victory over six billion idiots. This is very exhausting. As long as you see it this way. On the other hand, whatever you want to realize, that is, whatever thoughts you want to realize, you need an action that will always be resisted. Even if you want to cut a pipe out of a stick, you will need to overcome the stick's resistance. If human stupidity is viewed in this aspect, it becomes much more bearable. Here is Heike, I love her very much, what problems with Heike while her fantastic stupidity has no effect on my life? And now imagine that my result, the result of the pipe and the beauty of the melody, depends on whether Heike is stupid, like a stump or still like a seaweed, the matter becomes more complicated, because stupidity is ineradicable. Now let's imagine: in order for the pipe to play, you need to make the stump stop being a stump for at least a minute. This is where truly misanthropic motives begin. And I do not like hatred, my sweet one. It's a good motor, but it's hard to live in. And you need to be a god ten times more than Yahweh, Allah and Brahma put together in order to treat invincible human stupidity during high stakes as just another manifestation of the law of action and opposition. Neither Brahma, nor Allah, nor Yahweh did this, judging by the scriptures. But even that is not enough for me.
№ 421554   Added MegaMozg 28-06-2021 / 12:39
I'll leave without you then!
Quote Explanation: 2nd series. "Knight". The song "Knight, in way!".
Ill leave without you then!
№ 421137   Added MegaMozg 20-06-2021 / 13:30
Public education plays a decisive role in the war ... when the Prussians beat the Austrians, it was a victory for a Prussian teacher over an Austrian school teacher.
Quote Explanation: Quote from a July 1866 article published in the newspaper Abroad, edited by him. The quote was non-Franco-Prussian, a Austro-Prussian War. Specifically — k victory at Sadovoye. Near this Czech village took place the largest battle of the Austro-Prussian War. I it determined her further course. Often this quote is mistakenly attributed to Otto von Bismarck in the following variants: "The Franco-Prussian War was won by a German schoolteacher" and "Wars are won by non-nbsp;generals, wars are won by school teachers and parish priests".
№ 420201   Added MegaMozg 03-06-2021 / 16:42
And the one who believes that Vlasov loved the Motherland so much and wanted to liberate it with the help of Hitler, and Leningrad did not need to be defended, he will build a different image of the future. This is the meaning of historicism.
Quote Explanation: Myths about Alexander II. What clichés get in the way of a real view of historical events? Why did the emperor's attempts to modernize society fail?
№ 419964   Added MegaMozg 31-05-2021 / 12:06
In our world, the main victory ... And we are striving for everything to achieve it at any cost. We sacrifice friends, acquaintances. Your health. But nevertheless, in most cases we achieve it.
Quote Explanation: In fact, no matter how much we deny, for our world, and for the people living in it - victory is the main thing.
№ 418765   Added MegaMozg 08-05-2021 / 12:57
Victory is victory no matter what the cost is.
№ 418531   Added MegaMozg 05-05-2021 / 08:42