the British [Theme] Page 1

- Who are you, Englishwoman? You are my wife. Be that as it may, you are my wife and it will always be so as long as I live. Whatever name you carry.
№ 428521   Added Viker 29-09-2021 / 12:40
People can be led astray by a few wicked people who have played on their fear. Some thought that in the future I would treat them harshly and unfairly because in the past they were on the side of my enemy. It's not true. The past is the past. All Englishmen, Northerners and Southerners, from the east or from the west, are perceived in my heart equally as my subjects. So this time I demonstrated mercy and loving forgiveness. This time! But the innocent and guilty need to know that mercy is not a weakness, and what was once seen as stupidity will not be considered stupid again.
№ 424598   Added MegaMozg 30-07-2021 / 23:45
Rain cannot stop a real Englishman who was born wet, baptized wet and usually drowned if he left his country.
№ 424595   Added MegaMozg 30-07-2021 / 23:36
- How would I put it more clearly... It's a typical English way of looking at things. "Do not shoot at a sitting bird" - do you understand the meaning of such an expression?
- Yes, as you said, a typical English point of view. But I think I understood. And in the Central Criminal Court, and on the Eton Sports Ground, and in the hunting grounds, it is important for the Englishman that the victim has his chance.
№ 424357   Added MegaMozg 27-07-2021 / 19:24
British! Never again will a father go against his son, and brother against brother. From that moment on, on this land, which had been torn to pieces for so long that it became the object of ridicule for all peoples, there will no longer be Lancaster or Yorks. There are only Englishmen. Let us now, when the first symbol of the arrival of new and better times has appeared, let us bandage each other's wounds and give honors to those who fell in this unfortunate struggle.
№ 423928   Added Viker 23-07-2021 / 16:14
- If it were Richard, and he is my brother, I would tell you about it myself. But he's here to kill the king and plunder England! If you fear the Lord, follow your king, Henry Tudor. If not for him, do it for me, daughter of Edward IV and Queen Elizabeth Woodville, who has just died! ..
- If it were Richard, and he is my brother, I would tell...
№ 422741   Added MegaMozg 09-07-2021 / 03:24
I know women well. They can make your life so difficult that it becomes unbearable, and the British - oh, they treat women like children.
№ 421825   Added MegaMozg 05-07-2021 / 12:00
- More English than you think. Countryside, big old house, horses, dogs, walks in the rain, burning wood in the fireplace, garden apples, lack of money, cheap dresses, neglected garden ...
№ 421783   Added MegaMozg 01-07-2021 / 19:03
The French spend as much on their stomachs as the British spend on cars.
№ 418655   Added MegaMozg 06-05-2021 / 22:15
We, the British, now really have everything in common with the Americans, except, of course, the language.
№ 418400   Added MegaMozg 04-05-2021 / 13:18
A skirmish with an English gentleman rarely comes to hand-to-hand combat, but he can destroy you with one contemptuous phrase.
№ 415645   Added MegaMozg 23-03-2021 / 06:36
True, we must give the British their due: they are always impeccably polite. Even in the face of a person, they spit according to the rules of good form. So you expect that after they will serve the spat on a handkerchief.
№ 415644   Added MegaMozg 23-03-2021 / 06:33
One thing I learned about the British: a small victory makes you arrogant, and the slightest failure plunges you into despondency.
№ 412663   Added MegaMozg 01-02-2021 / 05:03
What is Henry V remembered for? For building universities or homeless homes? No, he is remembered for the Battle of Agincourt. Three thousand English against sixty thousand French. The best riders were swept away in three hours - he won a brilliant victory and gained immortality in it.
№ 412654   Added MegaMozg 01-02-2021 / 04:36
The rights in which Eliot the Master believed — the rights asserted by Andrew Hamilton and exercised by the jury — arose from the "general law" of England. It was the British who were the only ones in Europe who executed their king for tyranny, it was the English poet Milton who gave the definition of freedom of the press, it was the English philosopher Locke who postulated the existence of natural human rights. The people who fired from the cannon saw themselves as British and were proud of it. And yet, when old Hamilton turned to the jury, he made another point that they liked. The ancient law, he said, might have been good a long time ago in England, but in America centuries later it could be bad. Although no one really discussed his claim, the seeds were planted. And this idea took root and spread across the vast expanses of America.
№ 409376   Added MegaMozg 15-12-2020 / 17:30