prejudice [Theme] Page 1

Listen, Toby. Assholes like Benedict will always rule the sky. Well, let! They do not have our fuse, there is no flame. Don't you think to lose it! And if you do, I will personally inject it back into you. Do you think I'm kidding? Would you like to check? I doubt.
№ 412964   Added MegaMozg 04-02-2021 / 08:51
Superstition is a transient phenomenon; no power can be lasting unless it is based on truth, reason, and justice.
№ 410287   Added MegaMozg 28-12-2020 / 18:51
There is another condition, I replied, that you seem to have overlooked. Even if I agreed with your premises, I would have to deny your conclusions. You conclude that religious doctrines and reasoning cannot have an impact on life because they should not, you conclude, not paying attention to the fact that people do not reason like you, but draw many conclusions from the belief in the existence of the Deity and assume that God will impose other punishments on vice and give other rewards of virtue than those, which appear in the normal course of nature. It is not whether this conclusion is true or not: its influence on their lives and behavior remains the same in both cases, and those who seek to deprive people of faith in such prejudices may perhaps be sound thinkers, but I do not agree to recognize them as good citizens and politicians, because they free people from the bridle that restrains their passion. and thus make the violation of social laws in some respects an easier and safer affair.
№ 404700   Added MegaMozg 29-09-2020 / 22:51
It is hard to become above all prejudice, backbiting makes to pay too much for the bliss it gives us the satisfaction of our desires.
№ 401169   Added MegaMozg 23-07-2020 / 15:45
Question: On what grounds you can find the full civilisation.
Answer: You learn it on moral development. Do you consider yourself gone far because you have made great discoveries and wonderful inventions; because your shelter and clothing better than savages. But the right to call themselves civilized you will have only when we cast out from society, your disgracing his vices, and when you live among yourselves like brothers, in fact, exercising Christian charity. But until that happens, you will remain only the enlightened peoples is only the first stage of civilization.
Two peoples who have reached the top rung on the ladder of social development, only one can call themselves the most civilized in the true sense of the word, in which only less selfishness, avarice and pride; habits which are more intellectual and moral than material; in which the mind can develop with the greatest freedom; which is more kindness, goodwill, mutual blahozelania and generosity; whose caste and birth prejudice the least rooted, for those prejudices are incompatible with true love of neighbor; in whose laws do not sanctify any privileges and is the same as for the first, and for the last of the citizens; at which justice is carried out with the least passion; which always finds the weak protected from the strong; in which human life, beliefs of a person and his opinions are most respected; where only less number of accidents and where, finally, every person of goodwill is always sure that he will not be lacking in the necessary.
Quote Explanation: N 793
№ 397304   Added Viker 07-06-2020 / 14:21
Obviously, the "left" in Germany took their desire, their ideological-political attitude, for objective reality. This is the most dangerous mistake for revolutionaries. In Russia, where a purely wild and ferocious oppression of the tsarist particularly long and in particularly varied forms gave rise to revolutionaries of different persuasions, revolutionaries astonishing devotion, enthusiasm, heroism, will power, in Russia, this mistake of the revolutionaries we are especially closely watched especially carefully studied, especially because we know it is especially clearly visible on the other. For the Communists in Germany parliamentarism, of course, is "politically obsolete", but the point is not to accept obsolete for us obsolete for the class, for obsolete for the masses. Just here we again see that the "left" can't talk, can't behave as the party class, the party of the masses. You must not stoop to the level of the masses, to the level of the backward strata of the class. No doubt about it. You must tell them the bitter truth. You must call their bourgeois-democratic and parliamentary prejudices prejudice. However, you must soberly follow the actual state of consciousness and preparedness of the class (not only its Communist vanguard), of the entire toiling masses (not only of its advanced people).
If "millions" and "legions", but just a fairly significant minority of industrial workers is for Catholic priests, rural workers the landlords and kulaks (Grossbauern) - it is already here with certainty it follows that parliamentarism in Germany is not yet politically obsolete, that participation in parliamentary elections and in the struggle on the parliamentary rostrum is obligatory for the party of the revolutionary proletariat precisely for the purpose of educating the backward strata of its class, for the purposes of awakening and enlightenment to the poor, downtrodden, dark village mass. While you are unable to disperse the bourgeois Parliament and any reactionary institutions of a different type, you must work inside them precisely because there are more workers, duped by the priests and village corners, otherwise you risk becoming just windbags.
№ 396062   Added Viker 24-05-2020 / 13:51
I think that we, unlike the colonial government, cannot ignore the basic preferences and prejudices - the basic characteristics of our society. One of such basic facts is that no linguistic or racial group in this country will not reject their language, culture, their traditions, neither for English nor for any other anglicised form of the Malay language, culture or traditions.
№ 394394   Added MegaMozg 11-05-2020 / 07:57
If I told you that glass is poison, it is unlikely you will drink;
If I told you that the rivers are burning, you will be afraid to swim.
If you declare that tomorrow the flood you'll build an ark;
But plain water does not harm, and the lie will poison us all.
If I told you that the ink is solid, you will cease to write;
If your power was estimated at Altyn, you back off.
If you put the sign "Ahead of a dead end," you're going to change the route;
But a standstill - that's all we can do when the signs are lying.
№ 393726   Added Viker 07-05-2020 / 11:02
Traveling kills prejudice, bigotry and limited thinking.
Quote Explanation: Quote from the book of Adam Rutherford's "a brief history of everyone who ever lived"
№ 385822   Added MegaMozg 09-01-2020 / 15:04
If the truth does not challenge, it can degenerate into dogma or prejudice

Explanation of the quote:

From an essay by Isaiah Berlin, "John Stuart mill and the purpose of life"
https://vtoraya-literatura.com/pdf/berlin_chetyre_esse_o_svobode_1992__o...
Quote Explanation: https: //vtoraya-literatura.com/pdf/berlin_chetyre_esse_o_svobode_1992__o ...
№ 385121   Added MegaMozg 26-12-2019 / 17:52
The victory over prejudice possible Outlook and a freedom from their power.
№ 384767   Added MegaMozg 20-12-2019 / 13:06
The crisis of ideologies is the basis of all prejudice, including world vision.
№ 384766   Added MegaMozg 20-12-2019 / 13:04
The crises of ideologies resolved Herculean efforts of man for his freedom from the power of superstition and prejudice.
№ 384765   Added MegaMozg 20-12-2019 / 13:02
Freedom from prejudice is only possible with the victory of the scientific worldview.
№ 384764   Added MegaMozg 20-12-2019 / 13:00