status [Theme] Page 1

Generally speaking, the strength of any elite lies in the ability to navigate between the Charybdis of degeneration and the Scylla of the loss of traditions when generations change. To do this, special institutions are being formed that check potential candidates (the more distant approaches, the better). Before a person new to the elite receives the status of “one of his own” (“accepted in decent houses”) and permission to create his own tribal clan, he must be comprehensively checked by a special “personnel commission”. The role of such commissions in Western society is played by private clubs
№ 440127   Added Viker 27-05-2022 / 11:30
It is more difficult for a well-fed man to climb Bonapartes than for a hungry one, for a full stomach does not favor briskness, but philosophizing and peaceful slumber.
№ 439111   Added MegaMozg 25-05-2022 / 21:00
I saw how his shoulders trembled then. He, too, poured out his grief to the cold soulless stone - this was the only thing that now both of us could - status and nobility were no longer important in the face of death ...
№ 438494   Added Viker 17-05-2022 / 11:04
V. A. Ivanyushina, K. A. Maslinsky - M .: Manuscript monuments of Ancient Russia, 2015
№ 434835   Added MegaMozg 27-01-2022 / 03:15
In love, as in sports, the status of an amateur must be carefully guarded.
№ 434067   Added MegaMozg 10-01-2022 / 17:39
Humanism does not consist in sharpening the struggle, but in realizing the unity of man and the world, reason and reality: in recognizing the status quo and educating the human race.
№ 428017   Added Viker 27-09-2021 / 14:43
People are unconsciously proud of their status, their profession, and their hobby. Recognize the value of their cause and they will listen to you for hours.
№ 426981   Added MegaMozg 02-09-2021 / 15:15
"We are social beings who cannot completely ignore someone else's opinion of us." Of course, this behavior has evolved in the process of evolution. During the Paleolithic, it was necessary to maintain its status among other members of the tribe, as survival depended on it. In the twenty-first century, technology has used this ancient need to create lucrative behavioral dependencies. Let's take a look at the social media response button, which is closely related to the issue of recognition. If a lot of people click on the heart icon under your Instagram photo, you'll feel like you've hit your tribe, something that each of us instinctively craves. Of course, the flip side of this evolutionary factor is anxiety that occurs in the absence of a positive reaction. For the Paleolithic brain, this is a serious problem - and thus you get into the habit of constantly checking "important" information on the phone.

Explanation of the quote:

Perhaps for the same reason I am in the business of putting up citations on this site.
If the owners of the site eliminate the "like" button, the audience will decrease. Unambiguously
Quote Explanation: like audience will decrease. Unambiguously
№ 426256   Added MegaMozg 21-08-2021 / 02:03
You have probably noticed photographs of famous people who have visited this place in hotels or restaurants. Do you know why these photographs are hung in a conspicuous place? The owners of these establishments understand that people are pleased to be in the place where celebrities have been. This is how the status of the institution rises. And any photograph is a story. Only this story no one tells. Everyone looks at the photo and imagines what the people depicted in it were doing. We invent stories about them ourselves.
№ 425782   Added Viker 20-08-2021 / 11:19
- Have you forgotten your duel status? If some person challenges a different person to a duel, and she herself evades a duel, such a person can be driven from the yard with sticks, like the last rogue! So you are a rogue! And the stick is with me!
Quote Explanation: Subaltern officer (also subaltern) - in some armies, including the army of the Russian Empire, the common name of servicemen who are in the positions of junior officers of a company, squadron, or battery.
- Have you forgotten your duel status? If some person...
№ 424700   Added Viker 02-08-2021 / 12:37
- Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson.
№ 423704   Added MegaMozg 19-07-2021 / 17:15
The land and the city belong to the jarl in Vaitran, I just pay taxes.
№ 422898   Added MegaMozg 11-07-2021 / 00:00
Those who are not spared by happiness, try in every possible way to maintain their status as a darling of fate.
№ 421728   Added MegaMozg 01-07-2021 / 16:18
Hitch: My first serious assignment in the army... there was an analysis of rubble and corpses... after your fight with Ehren. Now are you ready to answer me?
Seeing mountains of corpses trampled by you for your greatest purpose, how did you feel?
Annie: You've asked me this question so often that I thought about it.
Although it hadn't occurred to me before... The killings were something commendable.
I was taught that outside of Marais, you can kill military and civilians indiscriminately. In the name of saving the world and admitting their guilt by the Eldians... all means are good.
"unclear": I heard about what happened to you from Armin. In theory, we should have provided it all, right?
Hitch: Do you say all these corpses under the rubble were a commensurate fee?
Annie: No... I didn't think about saving the world.
Hitch:.... A what?
Annie: I didn't think about anything... I... I was abandoned right after birth. A blood test showed that my mother had cheated on her husband with an Eldian. I was taken to an internment camp, where I was adopted by an Eldian immigrant.
He decided to grow me into a warrior Mare to ensure a comfortable life. For as long as I can remember, he taught me Eldian hand-to-hand combat.
For him, my worth depended on whether I could become a warrior or not.
Over time, I became strong, as he wanted, and repaid him for all the pain he had caused me.
I finished it so much that it remained lame forever...
And he was only glad, he said:
Father: If you are so strong, you can kill the enemy without weapons.
Hitch: Uh? A what? And how long will you be crucified here?
Annie: I listened to your monologues 4, so now it's your turn, right?
That's why... I didn't care how many people died and from which country... or survived... I didn't understand the value of human life... including his own.
Yes... until that morning... when... we went to the island for a giant - the progenitor ...
He... fell to his knees in front of me with an apology.
He said that all his life he taught me the wrong thing. Sobbing, he begged me to come home...
He said that he did not care about the status of a warrior ... and the title of respected Mareitz... that he would give up everything if I could go home.
This man... was my father. And he considered me his own daughter.
I have...
A father who is waiting for my return.
Like me, others have people dear to them too. I care anymore.
I know I have a lot of grave sins on me. ....... but.....
for the sake of returning home, to my father...
I'd do them again.
№ 419958   Added MegaMozg 31-05-2021 / 11:48
When you are still so a few years old that love is out of the question, the head goes around only from the fact that you were noticed: you enthusiastically try on the status of a person.
№ 415507   Added MegaMozg 21-03-2021 / 17:33