trees [Theme] Page 1

But missionaries, even in the most remote corners of Africa, teach Negroes things that are incomparably more useful: how to plant trees, how to provide for themselves from hunger. Every small mission is surrounded by mangoes, coconuts, breadfruit and coffee trees, tangerines, lemons, etc. You need to know that such trees, at least in that part of the country that I saw, grow only in gardens. The Negroes, who live in the wild, follow the example of the monks, and surround their homes with gardens, while among those who live farther on, we often did not meet a single fruit tree. It is easy to imagine what happens in these villages when the cassava fails.
№ 451308   Added Viker 13-03-2023 / 09:33
Trees become strong thanks to branches.
№ 450858   Added Viker 02-03-2023 / 11:20
The lesser cannot comprehend the greater, it can only believe that the leaf cannot understand the tree.
№ 449824   Added MegaMozg 07-02-2023 / 00:48
The suburb is where the developer uprooted the trees, paved the streets and gave them the names of the trees.
№ 449396   Added MegaMozg 25-01-2023 / 09:21
Trees are like people, and also love the company of their own kind. Only a few prefer solitude.
№ 449367   Added MegaMozg 24-01-2023 / 10:15
I like trees: in my opinion, they are better than others able to put up with the conditions of life.
№ 449366   Added MegaMozg 24-01-2023 / 07:39
It was quiet and solemn. The trees, shrouded in their white robes, slumbered in motionless majesty. Sometimes a piece of snow broke off from the upper branch, and you could hear how it rustled, falling and clinging to other branches.
№ 449354   Added MegaMozg 24-01-2023 / 05:36
- No way. I am a simple fellow who does not bother to think about what would happen if he were like this and would not be like that. I live in both yards and my trees are always taller. In a word, Mr. Fisher, there are two people sitting in front of you. And one thing you need to fear, you owe him.
№ 447728   Added Viker 19-12-2022 / 16:46
And this gray gloom is suddenly dissolved by people. People who have been around for a long time. People who have been with you recently. Genuine sincerity rings in the surrounding air, and you smile with your heart and soul, because someone prematurely gives gifts to someone for the holidays, gently hugs their shoulders, brews fragrant tea. And you are covered with an immense feeling of gratitude. For the fact that there is a family, true friends, favorite work, hobbies, new projects. Just because the house smells incredibly delicious. Fresh pastries, cocoa with spices, the last November roses. And you, closing your eyes for a moment, inhale this quiet love into yourself, and then you calm down, slow down. And waiting for a magical December ...
№ 447120   Added MegaMozg 30-11-2022 / 02:18
Would you be so kind as to think about the question: what would your good do if evil did not exist, and what would the earth look like if shadows disappeared from it? After all, shadows are obtained from objects and people. Here is the shadow of my sword. But there are shadows from trees and from living beings. Don't you want to rip the whole globe, blowing away all the trees and all living things from it because of your fantasy of enjoying the naked light?
Quote Explanation: Appeal to Matthew Levi.
№ 446402   Added MegaMozg 12-11-2022 / 14:57
These walls, trees, bushes, these scenery painted on canvas have seen the most sublime love created by the imagination of poets who stand a hundred cubits higher than ordinary people.
№ 445940   Added MegaMozg 31-10-2022 / 17:39
The trees fall, but the growth grows, and in the change of days the forest is eternal.
№ 445759   Added MegaMozg 25-10-2022 / 16:42
October is like an aftertaste after a good wine... Summer is long over, but the weather is pampering, the sun is warming, and nature is driving you crazy with its beauty. The city was transformed, the boring streets were suddenly covered with a yellow carpet, the trees changed color, releasing multi-colored gray hair among the foliage, the air smelled of something special, and the heart was filled with some kind of quiet romance - the desire to pour a glass of wine, light candles and dance to your favorite quiet melody. ..
№ 445669   Added MegaMozg 23-10-2022 / 03:27
Old age does not exist. At least there is no continuous pangs of old age at the end of life: every year we, like trees, experience bouts of old age. We lose foliage, clarity of spirit, taste for life. Then everything comes back. Not just: childhood, maturity, old age. We have our own seasons several times in our lives, but their change is elusive for us: it is not natural.
№ 445352   Added MegaMozg 11-10-2022 / 10:24