clarity [Theme]

You start to believe in fate. She is. And, perhaps, you cannot exchange all this nagging anxiety, bitterness, inexplicable sadness and love (equally inexplicable) that tormented your heart for any happiness. It’s as if the breath of something huge, something stronger than death, enters life. There is some kind of exorbitant purity and clarity in this. And some kind of internal trembling, which only happens on a cold, clear, very early morning, when the whole earth is still sleeping. Purity.
Quote Explanation: Konstantin Paustovsky, from a letter to Ekaterina Zagorskaya, 1945.
№ 464828   Added Viker 19-03-2024 / 12:49
Clarity can often be deceptive. This is a form of complete fog.
№ 458950   Added Viker 07-12-2023 / 11:17
That even she would not be able to reconcile them completely!
№ 458623   Added MegaMozg 16-11-2023 / 12:25
Clarity of mind, understanding of things and characters - this is the best way to find yourself in an era.
№ 451133   Added MegaMozg 02-03-2023 / 15:09
Yes, sadness will not overtake you!
№ 449272   Added MegaMozg 21-01-2023 / 04:51
Only he sees clearly who looks with his heart.
Only he sees clearly who looks with his heart.
№ 448946   Added MegaMozg 10-01-2023 / 15:48
Old age does not exist. At least there is no continuous pangs of old age at the end of life: every year we, like trees, experience bouts of old age. We lose foliage, clarity of spirit, taste for life. Then everything comes back. Not just: childhood, maturity, old age. We have our own seasons several times in our lives, but their change is elusive for us: it is not natural.
№ 445352   Added MegaMozg 11-10-2022 / 10:24
- We are now discussing a spiritual and moral problem. But since you started talking about it, I will say - I do not want clarity at all in order to go to bed with Anyone today. I just want to know that you are no longer her husband.
Quote Explanation: Dyckoff-Derenthal's wife, Emma (Love) Efimovna Store, was at the same time Savinkov's mistress.
- We are now discussing a spiritual and moral problem. But...
№ 443373   Added MegaMozg 12-08-2022 / 17:42
Where there is essence, there is no clarity; where there is clarity, there is no essence.
№ 440954   Added Viker 23-06-2022 / 15:06
imagination and vivacity in the sciences.
№ 437082   Added MegaMozg 20-03-2022 / 11:27
So shouldn't poverty be loved for the fact that it clearly shows who loves us?
Quote Explanation: Letter 20.
№ 433763   Added MegaMozg 31-12-2021 / 13:12
From fifteen to twenty thousand children disappear in Russia every year. Just try to imagine what is happening to the parents who have a missing child, a child of any age. Trust me, this is much, much worse than the news of death. And there is no end to this suffering until there is some kind of clarity. But you need to work, earn money, support yourself and your family. How many bad decisions will such parents make? How many mistakes will they make? And who will you blame for these mistakes?
№ 431607   Added MegaMozg 02-11-2021 / 23:18
However, we must admit everything frankly: whether the nerve was upset, whether from new impressions in a new apartment, from the recent blues, but little by little and gradually, from the very onset of dusk, I began to fall into that state of mind that so often comes to me now, and which I call mystical horror. This is the most severe, painful fear of something that I myself cannot define, something incomprehensible and non-existent in the order of things, but which will certainly, perhaps, this very minute, come true, as if in a mockery of all the arguments of reason will come to it will appear before me as an irresistible fact, terrible, ugly and implacable. This fear usually grows stronger and stronger, in spite of any arguments of reason, so that finally the mind, in spite of the fact that at these moments, perhaps even greater clarity, nevertheless loses all possibility of opposing sensations. They do not obey him, he becomes useless, and this dichotomy further increases the fearful longing of expectation. It seems to me that this is partly the longing of people who are afraid of the dead. But in my anguish, the uncertainty of the danger further aggravates the torment.
№ 429610   Added Viker 29-09-2021 / 18:36
All my life I was looking for a balance between reason and feeling, sometimes I was forced to compromise, loving judiciously, compassionate wisely, participating wisely. But with Jamie ... With Jamie I was completely different, for him I sacrificed everything, abandoned logic, forgot caution, plugged my ears so as not to hear the voice of reason. I stopped being the Claire that everyone knew, and became myself, albeit reckless, albeit putting an end to my career, albeit giving up all the comforts of a rational life. From me he received only myself, one that did not need to hide something, and I did not hide: I gave him my body and soul, he saw me in bed, he knew me weak and defenseless, and I trusted him, knowing that he will understand my weaknesses, as he did long ago.
№ 428528   Added Viker 29-09-2021 / 12:41