heritage [Theme] Page 1

Man is not an “image of God,” but a descendant of a wild, predatory beast. And one should be amazed not at the fact that there is so much of this wild and predatory in humanity, but at how much self-sacrifice, heroism, and philanthropy there is. There is no need to despair that a wolf, a hawk, a man has so much wolf, hawk and ... human. This is quite natural. But from this one can experience great joy: how much high moral beauty there is in humanity! And how much more will there be when more favorable conditions appear!
№ 425049   Added MegaMozg 07-08-2021 / 03:27
- Lucrezia Borgia will not be able to influence the Neapolitan court, nor will your queen influence the game.
I have a king, two officers and a horse. Is there a place for Dad in this game?
- There is no such piece in chess.
- And in the succession to the throne there is such a figure!
№ 422222   Added MegaMozg 06-07-2021 / 07:54
The modern boyish style did not suit her. Her mature femininity, the legacy of bygone centuries, demanded worship, attention, protection.
Quote Explanation: about Tracy.
№ 413582   Added MegaMozg 14-02-2021 / 21:00
- Do you feel fear? - asked the father. - Never forget about him. You should feel this fear in a moment of weakness - when you want to forget who you are and that you serve the fatherland. When you have a choice - life or honor. If you betray your country, your name, your heritage, it's like taking a step into the abyss. The abyss is not visible, but it is real. Never forget about it, my son ...
№ 410694   Added MegaMozg 05-01-2021 / 14:12
Like a fire, you left nothing behind.
№ 408701   Added MegaMozg 08-12-2020 / 06:15
A person is laid not only the color of the eyes and the shape of the nose, but also the makings of a person, mental abilities, type of temperament.
№ 406852   Added MegaMozg 15-11-2020 / 01:15
The UN and UNESCO classify cultural monuments as the heritage of mankind. Not the property of any one nation, one country, one continent. No - as a heritage of mankind.
I am in support of Genghis Khan, or Rolf pedestrian, or Ragnar Leather pants, or Cortez, or any other such figure - they were the property of neither the Spaniards, nor the Mongols, the Norwegians. And the heritage of mankind.
Because it's like the question "who are the best warriors in Genghis Khan's army?" - yes, those who fight well. All.
And Cortez, and Genghis Khan, and Gandhi are the same - all these are personalities. What makes them so - their nationality? That Gandhi is Indian and Cortez is Spanish? - Nope. What they do is that they are Gandhi and Cortez. Just like that.
Therefore, they are like Angkor - Wat, like magnificent multi-meter Buddhas carved from stone, like things from ancient Roman or ancient Greek heritage, like Karnak, like Baalbek. Is it all Greek, Roman, Syrian heritage? - It's a human heritage.
This is not Genghis Khan, who belongs only to the Mongols or Kazakhs, or even only to the Genghisids.
No, Genghis Khan is a universal human heritage. Like Louis 14, like Nero, oddly enough.
I believe that this is what gives our civilization a chance to remain a civilization of people, not pithecanthropes.
And this is a small but very important change in my head. The little switch is , "And we're all human and we have a common heritage."
Here's this change in the head - either humanity makes it, or it goes to (as Carl, the hero of "Trinkets" from the 13th century would say) on the horned one.
And then they will fight each other like in the Stone Age. Thinking:
"What are these strange things so flat? But nothing, if you hit this angle of this strange flat black crap, so you can kill"
That's how people will use iPads.
And not in 1000 years, but in a hundred or two. So we're either making this change in consciousness or it's a grave. And nothing better then, except for this, such an angry, petty, tiny, grumpy humanity is not worthy.
Let's end on a nice note. Total:
Thinking in countries is not something that, last century, this is the century before last. When you have 7 billion, you need a different mindset. You need to think:
"We are all human. And anyone can be whatever they want. You can be born in Japan and fall in love with Norwegian culture and yes, play Vikings. You can be born in Norway and fall in love with Angkor Wat. And it's great to dance these complex Khmer dances better than people who were born in Cambodia. Therefore, let everyone be everything they want to be and everything they love.
And any great personalities, any great buildings - the property of each of us as long as we are people, not worms. "
№ 404238   Added MegaMozg 21-09-2020 / 20:00
Errors of youth who did not commit, I ask rhetorically, friends?
Among them are correctable, but there are also those which are impossible to resolve.
Given the us experience in combating error, as a consequence, a heritage to boot:
In the future it might be useful, and there are such, when life then grief the heart weeps.
№ 402143   Added MegaMozg 07-08-2020 / 01:54
- A chronicle of Wessex. It will be noted for my Board. From the moment of the death of my brother up to these days. A kind of song, which is not of uhtred of bebbanburg.
- People will remember my deeds.
- But they die as we all do. And these pages will remain. Noting the act of ink on paper - we make it eternal.
- Until they don't burn.
- They need to keep it, right. When, centuries later, scientists and people will read and reread written, they are Alfred, they know nothing about Lord Utrade. About your loyalty, wisdom, courage, bravery and audacity. Why are you here? <...> That you would tell me, I can still listen to?
- First of all, I would say that wouldn't kill you. Even holding a knife to the throat, I would not take away your life. I would love to beat you, but never would the one who killed Alfred, king of the Saxons.
- If you kill me, you deserve a place on these pages.
- That's a legacy I don't need. I have earned them their place, but each of us is the hero of his songs. My absence is clear.
- There will not be indicated that Uhtred was a mainstay of Alfred. And a lot of times. But I know what it is.
Thank you, my Lord.
- Do you believe that I can take away your life? You are the criminal. Then it will be written that Alfred, even if weak and sick, was able to find the strength to slay the warrior of uhtred of Ragnarson.
- This will not happen.
- I don't have the will?
- We are connected. You can't kill me, just like I can't kill you.
№ 401821   Added MegaMozg 01-08-2020 / 15:42
- You think only about the company, and I only care about Elizabeth.
- Do not bring sin on her, destroying her legacy! She deserves the best of efforts from you. If you loved her so much, as they say, then you need to freshen up!
Quote Explanation: Douglas mourns murdered his wife.
№ 399087   Added MegaMozg 25-06-2020 / 04:09
This battle will be for the ages! Our descendants will be looking for our wreckage all over the world!
Quote Explanation: Turning to Zion.
№ 397505   Added MegaMozg 08-06-2020 / 01:18
"Honor is more important than any inheritance." Yes, Shakespeare clearly did not know the teenage boys as well as I know them. Of course, there are decent guys who don't lie. Only I such did not meet. Not to say that Shakespeare did not understand. For example, he knew how to deal with traitors. My favorite expression: "no more tears, think about revenge."
№ 396553   Added Viker 01-06-2020 / 11:06
It is our common heritage, it is always with us, whether we realize it or not, it is a bizarre and invisible background of our thoughts. Sometimes we like to "extract them to the surface", and then usually talking about a "feeling" or "instinctive actions." Healthy, clear mind, not affected by any mental illness, able to keep those psychological "scars" at the proper distance. But during sleep the conscious, controlled mind processes are suspended, and there tragedy...
№ 396492   Added MegaMozg 30-05-2020 / 14:25
The deep motives, the existence of which we are sometimes not even suspect - the difficult legacy of the past. So forgotten past breaks into our present day. Our anxiety and inexplicable antipathy sometimes have very deep roots: this is some "growths", "wart" on our psyche that's too scary, we would "skip" in consciousness.
№ 396491   Added MegaMozg 30-05-2020 / 14:21