greed [Theme] Page 2

... out of precaution, and together wanting to test him somewhat, he said that it would be good to make a deed of sale as soon as possible, because he was not sure in man: today he is alive, and tomorrow is the message of God. Chichikov expressed his readiness to make it at least this minute and demanded only a list to all the peasants. This calmed Plyushkin. It was noticeable that he was coming up with something to do, and exactly, taking the keys, approached the closet and, unlocking the door, rummaged for a long time between glasses and cups and finally said: "After all, you can't find it, but I had a glorious liqueur, unless you drank! people, such thieves! But isn't it him?" Chichikov saw in his hands a decanter, which was all in the dust, like in a shirt. "Still the deceased did," continued Plyushkin: "the scabbard-key girl completely abandoned him and did not even clog, the canals! The goats and all sorts of crap were stuffed in there, but I took out all the rubbish, and now I'll pour you a glass clean." But Chichikov tried to abandon such a liqueur, saying that he had already drunk and ate.
Quote Explanation: Illustration by Alexander Agin. "One Hundred Drawings of N. V. Gogol's Poem "Dead Souls"" were published in 1847-1848 in notebooks on four engravings on tree in each.
... out of precaution, and together wanting to test him...
№ 420601   Added MegaMozg 10-06-2021 / 15:12
Everyone in the espada controls the cause of death.
And they are 10 reasons that lead to death, all this is expressed in our actions, abilities in the very sense of our existence.
1. Loneliness. 2. Vanity. 3. Despair. 4. Destruction.5. Intoxication. 6. Mad. 7. Greed. 8. Rage. Tia Harribel represents the cause of death known as the Victim.
Quote Explanation: Espada (十刃 (エスパーダ) esupa:yes, "ten blades", Spanish Espada - "sword") - ten of the strongest arrancars of Aizen's army, nine men and one woman.
Everyone in the espada controls the cause of death.
And...
№ 420254   Added MegaMozg 05-06-2021 / 14:30
The earth produces enough to satisfy needs, but not enough to satisfy greed.
№ 420189   Added MegaMozg 03-06-2021 / 00:18
Greed and fear of death are the roots that feed the tree of evil.
№ 420040   Added MegaMozg 31-05-2021 / 15:51
Envy is greedy neighbor.
№ 418954   Added MegaMozg 12-05-2021 / 21:39
It is a nefarious and pointless occupation to endlessly deal with your money, finding pleasure in sorting through them, weighing and recalculating them! This, indeed, is the way in which greed creeps into us with a quiet boot.
№ 418902   Added MegaMozg 11-05-2021 / 08:57
The worst sin you can commit while eating is gluttony. Even if your favorite dish has been served, you should eat it slowly, not showing the slightest sign of greed.
№ 417897   Added MegaMozg 27-04-2021 / 09:06
Greed is the main cause of poverty.
№ 415960   Added MegaMozg 28-03-2021 / 10:12
He would come to life to carry his corpse!
Quote Explanation: Epigrams of poets of different times
№ 414580   Added MegaMozg 07-03-2021 / 15:39
Often, those who want to give everything they have have once taken too much.
Quote Explanation: Viking Eyvor met a man (Tom from Bedlam), dressed in the clothes of a monk, who, claiming that nothing could anger him, invited him to test his faith and burn down his house, kill his animals and plunder his land. Tom said that just like Eyvor, he was a bloodthirsty pagan, but he got faith and rejected anger and greed. When Eyvor got to the outbuilding behind the house, Tom became agitated and his speech became confused. It turned out that there were hidden corpses of people whom Tom had killed and hid there. Eyvor called Tom a hypocrite and a liar and said that he should be judged by the althing. Tom got angry and attacked Eyvor.
№ 414227   Added MegaMozg 28-02-2021 / 00:06
Greed is like meltwater: when one path closes, it paves the other.
№ 414221   Added MegaMozg 27-02-2021 / 01:06
Greedy people have seized power in our city ...
Quote Explanation: 3rd series. "Boy with dog".
№ 409094   Added MegaMozg 12-12-2020 / 05:42
And I do not care about it, I know how much!
Quote Explanation: "Money". Performed by Andrey Popov.
№ 407697   Added MegaMozg 28-11-2020 / 16:33
Finch: Let's start the lesson. Think Doctor, after deciding the paradigm, reality will become a test in our hands. We can change the universe and improve it.
Doctor: Yes, the creator with Mr. Finch's face. You may think I'm old-fashioned, but I like it the way it is.
Finch: You want to keep the old order. Think about the changes that can be made if you use this power for good.
Doctor: Who, like you?
Finch: No, people like you! The paradigm would give us strength, and you could give us wisdom. Become a god, with me! Imagine that you can. Think about the civilizations you can save. Perganon, Askinta, your people. The Doctor, the proud Time Lords will be reborn, reborn.
Sarah Jane: Doctor, not his case.
Finch: You can be with him forever, young, blossoming, unfeding, immortal. Their lives are so fleeting, so many goodbyes, you're so lonely, Doctor, join us.
Doctor: Can I save everyone?
Finch: Yeah.
Doctor: Stop the wars...
Sarah Jane: No. The universe must move on. Pain, loss, shapes our happiness and love. Whether it's peace or relationships, everything is termed, everything ends.
№ 405331   Added MegaMozg 15-10-2020 / 09:03
(I'm greedy Grid! Money, women, servants! They are all mine! All mine!)
№ 403588   Added MegaMozg 07-09-2020 / 19:12