good [Theme]

The highest good in life is pleasure. Pleasure, first of all, is the absence of suffering (and not sensual pleasures at all!). The best way to do this is to withdraw yourself from all worries and anxieties, from public and government affairs, maximum independence from external conditions, and renunciation of unnecessary desires.
№ 466190   Added MegaMozg 26-04-2024 / 08:39
The sophists believed that the objective world is unknowable; they believed that everyone has their own truth and depends on conditions, time and place. Therefore, an objective truth common to everyone is impossible. There is no objective criterion of good and evil: what is beneficial for someone is good for him: Disease
№ 466133   Added MegaMozg 25-04-2024 / 03:12
God has no predestination for man, but man is certainly a co-creator of his life with the Lord. And the Lord, looking over our lives, sees whether prolonging our lives is useful for us, whether we are living our days for good, is there still hope for repentance? There is no arbitrariness in life. And the state of our soul affects the timing of our earthly life.
№ 465623   Added MegaMozg 07-04-2024 / 08:12
- Yes, I'm serious. Any parishioner there... What a parishioner! Any stubborn atheist, when he sees that evil, well, it cannot penetrate the territory of the temple. What does this mean? That faith is strong and reliable.
- Yes, Im serious. Any parishioner there... What a...
№ 463377   Added Viker 14-03-2024 / 10:45
We live in the absurd confidence that we ourselves are the masters of our lives, that it is given to us for our enjoyment, but this is obviously absurd. After all, if we were sent here, it was by someone’s will and for something. But we decided that we live only for our own joy, and it is clear that we feel bad, just as it would feel bad for a worker who does not fulfill the will of the owner. The will of the owner is expressed in these commandments. Just fulfill these commandments, and the kingdom of God will be established on earth, and people will receive the greatest benefit that is available to them.
№ 462881   Added Viker 13-03-2024 / 10:54
The highest success is spiritual success, not social success. This is a person’s victory on the path of evolution of essence, which is the highest good that a person can strive for.
Quote Explanation: Chapter 1
№ 462615   Added Viker 06-02-2024 / 15:58
The highest good, the source of true happiness, is revealed to a person only if he follows the appropriate rules, applies them in life and sees positive results, which motivate him to follow these rules.
Quote Explanation: Preface
№ 462606   Added Viker 06-02-2024 / 15:56
She was a prostitute sentenced to hard labor, and, despite this, she formed a worldview for herself in which she could approve of herself and even be proud of her position. This worldview was that the main benefit of all men, without exception, was sexual intercourse with attractive women. She, an attractive woman, may or may not satisfy this desire, and therefore she is an important and necessary person. Her entire past and present life was a confirmation of this view.
№ 462468   Added Viker 06-02-2024 / 10:08
God, help me take a small step and not get stuck in fears. Teach me how not to stop seeing the light even where there is now impenetrable darkness. Give me strength, even in the most difficult moments, to never give up. God, help me not to hide tears of pain in the depths of my soul. Cry if you cry. And laugh when he laughs. Help me keep my heart open, despite all the hardships and trials. Help me just love. God, help me let go of despondency from my heart. See everything clearly and cleanly, accepting everything as it is. Help me find peace and harmony. Living in harmony with yourself and those around you, create and create only for the Good. Guide me, please, show me the way. And do not leave me on your paths that you have intended for me. With peace and love to you. Amen.
№ 462316   Added MegaMozg 05-02-2024 / 19:12
Do not act against your will, nor in conflict with the common good, nor as a person rash or influenced by some passion. Do not clothe your thoughts in pompous forms, do not get carried away by either long-winded speech or busy work. Let the deity in you be the leader of a being courageous, mature, devoted to the interests of the state; a Roman, invested with power, feeling himself in office, like a man who, not needing an oath or a guarantor, with a light heart awaits the call to leave life. And your soul will be light, and you will not need either outside help or that peace of mind that depends on others.
№ 461930   Added Viker 05-02-2024 / 12:50
I just don’t know what we poor people will get to. God grant that we achieve something good in the new year, fortunately it is coming!
№ 460445   Added Viker 10-01-2024 / 15:05
There is no good club and no evil club - do you agree? There is just a club. You can pick it up and ward off hooligans pestering a woman in the park. Or you can use it to break a window and rob a store. It's the same with talent. A talented person decides for himself: to use his talent for good or for evil.
Quote Explanation: From an interview Russian
№ 459645   Added Viker 07-12-2023 / 13:03
So why is there so little kindness in us?
№ 458150   Added MegaMozg 01-11-2023 / 17:39
Life is a priceless gift that should be appreciated and used for the benefit of yourself and those around you.
№ 458030   Added Viker 31-10-2023 / 13:06
The creator of all good is the mind, if it makes good use of the body and speech, its servants. The creator of all evil is also the mind, if it uses the body and speech to harm.
№ 457702   Added Viker 31-10-2023 / 12:14