discussion [Theme]

The vast majority of people (though not all) view reading as a social activity: it is important for them to share their experiences related to the book and discuss its characters. If the teacher does not have enough time for this, he must “borrow” time from other subjects that are not as important and universal as reading, that is, from everyone else. But if your child really wants to talk to you about a book, try to be sensitive and accommodate his need. Postponing the discussion until the next day means missing out on a great opportunity to understand how the book resonated with your child, and what connections he had from what he read to his own life. You can discuss childhood experiences and anxieties through the prism of what is happening with the characters, in connection with the development of the plot. The most serious conversations I have had with children about their own lives occurred while or after reading aloud to them.
№ 463728   Added Viker 14-03-2024 / 15:31
Discussing what you read is extremely important, and the conversation does not need to last long. Even the simplest questions like “What do you think about this?”, “How do you feel about this?”, “Are you wondering what’s next?” can be the impetus for a conversation (short or long). One way or another, it is necessary to take time to think and discuss what excited the listeners.
№ 463625   Added Viker 14-03-2024 / 15:15
I never discuss my colleagues. Each artist has his own special vision. You can’t take someone else’s glasses and put them on: they won’t fit well, and you won’t be able to see anything in them.
Quote Explanation: From an interview, 1970
№ 462049   Added Viker 05-02-2024 / 14:55
These conversations naturally became an interesting topic for aristocrats who like to talk about others.
№ 449607   Added MegaMozg 06-02-2023 / 13:45
Faced with the threat of the collapse of the country in which he was born and lived all his life and which he sincerely loved, Gorbachev tried different ways to solve the problem. But having reached the extreme point, he stopped, even going a little over the extreme point, of course, given the shooting in Lithuania and Georgia. But still he stopped. Did Gorbachev have the opportunity to pour blood over the entire USSR in order to maintain his power? Of course it was, but he did not use it. He quickly realized that no one could be held back with the help of tanks, and he switched from forceful methods to diplomatic ones. He began discussing a new union treaty, which envisaged a serious transformation of the USSR into a confederation of independent states. When that didn't work either, Gorbachev stepped aside, resigned, and lived on for many years in retirement.
Quote Explanation: Video from 11/15/2022 19:40 a hrefu003dhttps://youtu.be/9L2YN2jc2lY relu003dnofollowhttps://youtu.be/9L2YN2jc2lY/a, on the effectiveness of Russian strikes on Ukrainian cities and energy infrastructure facilities. In this part, Katz unobtrusively shows how in Gorbachev mercy outweighs the lust for power.
№ 446532   Added MegaMozg 16-11-2022 / 00:00
If history tends to repeat itself, then it is for the next generation what they do not yet see, or the discussion by past generations of what is no longer there. O
№ 439797   Added Viker 26-05-2022 / 18:34
Making love, afraid to speak openly about your desires, is like trying to land a plane without instructions and the help of controllers.
№ 439415   Added Viker 26-05-2022 / 15:43
- As I remember, there is no need for a parachute in hell... It doesn't matter what happened and why. We are here. One question - how to get out?
Quote Explanation: Everyone spoke about how they got here.
№ 436202   Added MegaMozg 08-03-2022 / 14:54
- It's a long time.
Quote Explanation: Edwin, the maniac doctor got tangled in a parachute hanging on a branch, Isabelle offers to climb in and cut the lines, Cuchillo warns not to yell, Stens lies that he does not have a knife, and Royce assessing the situation with one shot, cutting the branch, landed Edwin in a pond under him.
№ 436199   Added MegaMozg 08-03-2022 / 14:45
Nethermen and Carminers fight on one side or the other, while Lord Common Sense sits and waits.
№ 433283   Added MegaMozg 19-12-2021 / 03:33
In any war, the first sacrifice is common sense, and the second is free and open discussion.
№ 432724   Added MegaMozg 07-12-2021 / 21:12
A book is always a space for discussion. A book that fails to spark discussion is not worth publishing.
№ 430632   Added MegaMozg 12-10-2021 / 23:33
I am tired to the limit of being the target of glances, discussions and praises. How can you make people forget about you? After my death, my bones will still rattle, here and there, out of curiosity.
Quote Explanation: From a letter from T.E. Lawrence to A.E. Chambers (April 27, 1929)
№ 419891   Added MegaMozg 29-05-2021 / 14:45
There are a lot of big lies in the world, but no one wants to discuss it.
№ 418680   Added MegaMozg 07-05-2021 / 16:24
The advantages of half-truths and omissions are that you don't have to remember everything. What was not discussed gradually grew dim and blurred.
№ 413261   Added MegaMozg 08-02-2021 / 21:03