disgust [Theme] Page 1

And again I felt like a subject of study - as when he penetrated me with his finger.
№ 448844   Added Viker 09-01-2023 / 11:33
Disappointment. Disgust. Impotence. Anger. All these are my internal enemies. I have to keep them in check so they don't take over me.
№ 439831   Added Viker 26-05-2022 / 18:39
Never have I felt so alone, left to my own devices, as in those hours when I realized that I had no real power behind me, except for a completely conventional personal influence on individuals and masses; and the latter, seized with revolutionary ecstasy, were in a state of some kind of hysteria with an instinctive desire for destruction, which is laid in the foundation of the spiritual essence of every person. Once again, I was convinced how easy it is to master a hysterical crowd, how cheap their enthusiasm is, how pitiful the laurels of its leaders, and I did not betray myself and did not follow them. I am not made to be a demagogue - although I could easily become one - I am a soldier accustomed to receiving and giving orders without a hint of politics, and this is possible only in relation to an organized and mechanical mass. For ten days I have been engaged in politics and I feel a deep disgust for it, for my politics is the command of the power that can command me. But it was not there these days, and I had to engage in politics and manage a disorganized hysterical crowd in order to bring it back to normal and suppress the instincts and desire for primitive anarchy.
Quote Explanation: From a letter to Anna Timiryova. March 11, 1917
№ 439318   Added Viker 26-05-2022 / 11:58
Even the disgusting, it turns out, can be warmed by oneself, and then sigh about it after a while. Not to mention beautiful.
№ 438128   Added MegaMozg 29-04-2022 / 14:54
He is not yet accustomed to fake theatrical love, which often hides deep disgust and irreconcilable enmity.
№ 434993   Added MegaMozg 27-01-2022 / 11:09
Poor Yorick! I knew him, Horatio. He was a man of endless wit, inexhaustible for inventions. He pulled me on his back a thousand times. And now this very disgust and nausea rises to the throat. The lips that I kissed should have moved here, I don't know how many times. Where are your puns, your funny antics, your verses now? Where is the contagious fun that gripped everyone at the table?
Quote Explanation: 2nd series.
Poor Yorick! I knew him, Horatio. He was a man of endless...
№ 433820   Added MegaMozg 02-01-2022 / 18:51
Isn't that what makes war possible? Men so easily forget about the disgust experienced in inflicting suffering and death on others, and remember only about pride in their own prowess.
№ 430550   Added MegaMozg 10-10-2021 / 21:54
Sometimes impermanence comes from frivolity or immaturity of the mind, prompting a person to agree with any other opinion; but there is another kind of impermanence, more forgivable, for it is generated by aversion to the environment.
№ 427828   Added Viker 27-09-2021 / 13:56
... If you talk about ... infidelity at the wrong moment, everything will be useless. Lovers forgive everything. Betrayal becomes betrayal when disgust awakens in the one who has been betrayed.
№ 426384   Added MegaMozg 22-08-2021 / 10:48
I foresee that after tens of thousands of years, when the culture of people will be very high and when the population of the Earth will reach a critical limit, the question will arise, what to saturate all living on the planet. And then people will reasonably refuse to use the nutrients accumulated in the organisms of living beings. And instead of extracting these substances by murder, they will obtain them by synthesis in apparatus, where all the necessary chemical compounds will be obtained from the starting materials, regardless of the vagaries of nature. However, for this, people will have not only to defeat natural processes, to subordinate them to themselves, but also to overcome their own routine aversion to artificial food.
№ 425333   Added Viker 20-08-2021 / 09:46
Evolutionary ethics explains, but does not justify, our innate tendencies. Fortunately, evolution has also given man a mind, and therefore we can and must rise above our biological roots and revise the outdated ethical framework that evolution imposed on our ancestors. What is appropriate for the propagation of genes in Stone Age hunters is not suitable for a thinking civilized being. Evolutionary ethics warns us that we have an innate tendency to divide people into ours and strangers, and to feel disgust and dislike for strangers. We, as intelligent beings, must understand and overcome this.
№ 425096   Added MegaMozg 08-08-2021 / 10:21
The instinct for life, the need to live, is not the same at different ages. Little developed in adolescence, this need strongly prevails in adulthood and especially in old age. But, having reached a deep old age, a person begins to feel contentment with life, a kind of satiety with it, causing disgust before the thought of eternal life.
№ 425034   Added MegaMozg 07-08-2021 / 02:39
The statistics are stable (both in Russia and elsewhere): despite all the baits and gifts, only 5 percent of the respondents agree to install a peoplemeter. Only among them are the "experts" chosen, who press the buttons, and we find out what the "people" like. ... It is not the Kremlin and not the people, not advertisers and not the heads of TV channels, but it is not known who (out of the 5 percent stratum of deprived of life psychos) decides what the nation will watch. Decide those to whom we (seeing what they like) would not entrust a kitten, let alone a child. Those that we would try to stay away from. ... In all countries where people meters work, about 5 percent agree on the device. Therefore, everywhere "experts" - a random sample! - are recruited not from the whole people, not from the majority, but from a very small and very strange minority. ... This is where the disgust of the majority comes from. Someone else's choice is on the screen.
Quote Explanation: Series of articles "Under the rule of maniacs", "MK.ru", (2008).
№ 416532   Added MegaMozg 07-04-2021 / 22:51
He hated his job and his power. The war to increase consumer demand disgusted him.
№ 405028   Added MegaMozg 06-10-2020 / 20:21