history [Theme] Page 3

The “information medicine” of the book heals the reader from mental anguish and suffering caused by a lack of understanding of the events taking place in Russia, which have an impact on each of us, whether we want it or not. “The Cure” frees readers from many erroneous views and beliefs that still prevail in our society, relating primarily to philosophy, history, politics, economics, ecology, psychology and much more. In connection with this statement, I recommend that readers always remember the thought expressed by L.N. Tolstoy: “A delusion does not cease to be a delusion just because millions of people are guided by it.”
№ 457636   Added Viker 31-10-2023 / 12:03
In my opinion, every war in human history began on someone's land. I prefer what the Indians think: We
In my opinion, every war in human history began on...
№ 457513   Added Viker 31-10-2023 / 11:43
Scientific and technological progress is a nail placed under the wheel of history.
№ 456638   Added MegaMozg 09-09-2023 / 23:18
If the most educated person writes the story of his own life, even in this story there will be many mistakes.
№ 456565   Added MegaMozg 05-09-2023 / 23:54
The Korean police operation has been going on for two and a half years and has escalated into a full-scale war. The United States fought fierce battles for useless hills and suffered heavy losses. This is very similar to what will happen in Vietnam fifteen years later. Troops under the command of General MacArthur fought the North Koreans, armed with the participation of the USSR. The Americans moved closer and closer to the border of China. Despite regular warnings from Beijing, MacArthur assured Truman that China would never go to war. In the late fall of 1950, hundreds of thousands of Chinese soldiers poured south across the Yalu River. The Americans and their allies had to retreat in disorder. The Marines did not take this threat seriously at first. "No retreat," their commander reported, "we're just advancing in the other direction." TIME magazine called it the worst defeat in US history. Truman wrote in his diary: "World War III is on the verge."
The Korean police operation has been going on for two and a...
№ 456491   Added MegaMozg 02-09-2023 / 23:33
Quietly the summer was leaving to return to us in a year.
№ 456438   Added MegaMozg 30-08-2023 / 23:24
Nearby, a bomb is fixed on top of a steel tower and will be tested for the first time today. The code name is Trinity. Robert Oppenheimer was inspired by the poems of his favorite poet, John Donne. He loved poetry and the wilderness of the southwestern United States. This peace-loving man, by chance, became the creator of the most destructive weapon in history. <...> At five o'clock twenty-nine minutes forty-five seconds the bomb exploded. The flash of a nuclear explosion is brighter than the Sun. Watching him, Oppenheimer remembered the lines from the sacred book of Hinduism: "Thus I became death, the destroyer of the universe." Bhagavad Gita. With the testing of this terrible weapon, the transformation of a peaceful country created by the founding fathers into a militarized state began.
Nearby, a bomb is fixed on top of a steel tower and will be...
№ 456309   Added MegaMozg 24-08-2023 / 23:30
You know what the only thing I'm sure of in this whole goodbye thing? Sometimes you have to be really courageous, bite your lower lip and let people go. Completely, entirely. Whether you like it or not, you will still grow up and say goodbye much more often than you expected.
№ 455915   Added Viker 24-08-2023 / 11:44
I don't want you to slip through my fingers like this, so do yourself a favor and find out the truth: you deserve it. You absolutely, incredibly deserve it, and you were made for beautiful things. Keep going forward. Keep trying. Don't let anyone in this wide, wide world even try to dim the light you bring. You must know that he is important. The world will try to convince you otherwise, but don't listen. Please! No need. Do not listen. You are a miracle. The fact that you are here is important. If you ever start to forget about it, come and find me.
Quote Explanation: Note to a stranger
№ 455897   Added MegaMozg 24-08-2023 / 11:42
I don't want you to slip through my fingers like this, so do yourself a favor and find out the truth: you deserve it. You absolutely, incredibly deserve it, and you were made for beautiful things. Keep going forward. Keep trying. Don't let anyone in this wide, wide world even try to dim the light you bring. You must know that he is important. The world will try to convince you otherwise, but don't listen. Please! No need. Do not listen. You are a miracle. The fact that you are here is important. If you ever start to forget about it, come and find me.
Quote Explanation: Note to a stranger
№ 455896   Added Viker 24-08-2023 / 11:42
It's not as easy as it was back in the days when I was five years old and my best friend and I pretended to swap hair like it was helmets on our heads before running out onto the tarmac for a walk. She traded her rope braids for my orphan Annie haircut, and it seemed to us that there was nothing more beautiful than being someone else for a long thirty-five minutes. It turns out that this kind of mobility and vividness of the imagination reaches a peak and begins to fade around the age of thirteen. And yet, in that fitting room, I wanted to be someone else. To be someone in the spaces that surrounded me on all sides.
№ 455895   Added Viker 24-08-2023 / 11:41
- Not really. It just got me thinking: if there's one thing people are good at, it's figuring out how to live. So, judging by history, we will figure out how to get through what lies ahead of us.
Quote Explanation: Quote from the story "Through Storm and Fire".
- Not really. It just got me thinking: if theres one thing...
№ 455818   Added Viker 24-08-2023 / 11:19
The first of September was approaching - the day of drastic life changes and, as Irina heard yesterday in the crush of the school fair, the great migration of peoples. This is something from history, or rather she did not remember. But the peoples really moved: their tenants returning after their summer vacation quickly gathered in their apartment building.
№ 455621   Added MegaMozg 08-08-2023 / 21:36
By the way, the people who left their mark on history were more assertive than brilliant.
№ 455491   Added MegaMozg 04-08-2023 / 22:36
If you don't turn your life into a story, you will become part of someone else's story.
If you dont turn your life into a story, you will become...
№ 455408   Added MegaMozg 01-08-2023 / 12:54