years [Theme] Page 1

For me, all the years of my life are the best!
№ 454559   Added MegaMozg 25-06-2023 / 17:51
The situation is aggravated by "strategic parasitism" - for 75 years of relative peace, people have forgotten the horrors of war, they have ceased to be afraid even of nuclear weapons. Everywhere, but especially in the West, the instinct of self-preservation has weakened. I have been studying the history of nuclear strategy for many years and have come to an unequivocal, albeit sounding not quite scientific, conclusion. The appearance of nuclear weapons is the result of the intervention of the Almighty, who was horrified when he saw that people, Europeans and the Japanese who joined them, unleashed two world wars over the course of one generation, which claimed tens of millions of lives, and handed the arms of Armageddon to humanity, showed those who had lost their fear of hell that he exists. On this fear rested the relative peace of the last three-quarters of a century. Now that fear is gone. The unthinkable from the point of view of previous ideas about nuclear deterrence is happening - the ruling circles of a group of countries, in a fit of desperate rage, unleashed a full-scale war in the underbelly of a nuclear superpower. The fear of nuclear escalation must be restored. Otherwise humanity is doomed.
Quote Explanation: Journal "Russia in Global Affairs". Article "A Difficult but Necessary Decision". June 13, 2023.
№ 454417   Added Viker 20-06-2023 / 12:18
Of course, he read about the Soviet camps and the Stalinist terror, but he urged me to admit that during the years of Soviet rule, Russia had gone far ahead, became a powerful industrial power and its success in space speaks for itself.
№ 454357   Added Viker 20-06-2023 / 10:54
The human mind has penetrated to the very sky. Of all the animals, only we have the concept of the rising of the stars, their setting and movement. Man has demarcated days, months and years; solar and lunar eclipses are foreseen, they are predicted for the distant future, their volume, their time and their duration are indicated. It is to this great spectacle that man owes his knowledge of the gods, whence flow piety, justice, and all the virtues. Only these latter can give us the happiness of life, which makes us equal to the sacred gods. To complete the similarity, we lack only immortality: but is it necessary for a virtuous life?
№ 454271   Added Viker 20-06-2023 / 09:07
- rather defended himself as best he could, and the next day he returned to school. In the end, I won because they gave up. And don't give up! You'll see in time they will fall behind.
№ 454269   Added Viker 20-06-2023 / 09:07
We are mere mortal temporary people on this Earth, but each of us has land, there is a cemetery, there is a maternity hospital, there is a mother, a father, there are roots, there is an exit ... Not an escape, not disappearance ... I'm already creeping up on the word " betrayal". It seems to me that the greatest crime and the most difficult act or offense is to betray, betray a loved one, betray your land, betray your home, relatives, friends, betray yourself. <...> In recent years, I live according to the principle of three concepts. You know, it's like they say, the Earth on three whales... Each of us has some rules that we want to comply with. Patience, sacrifice and non-betrayal. Under these three concepts, today I preserve myself, work, and want to leave all of myself to my long-suffering, centuries-old, tired, but very dreaming of my Motherland, which I wish you too.
Quote Explanation: In 2016, Sergei Bodrov Jr. would have turned 45 years old. In memory of him, the New Moscow portal, with the support of the All-Russian organization BROTHER IN BATTLE, launched the project “What is strength, brother?”.
№ 453662   Added MegaMozg 17-05-2023 / 11:21
I am already over forty, I learned and relearned a lot, fell under blows and rose again. I am wiser with experience and knowledge filtered through many years, I have become more hardened, more skeptical, more unflappable ... I did not want love and did not believe in it, I did not think that it would come again ... But it came, and all my experience was useless, and knowledge only hurts. And what burns on the fire of feelings better than dry cynicism - is this fuel prepared in the fateful difficult years?
№ 452868   Added MegaMozg 17-04-2023 / 13:36
Saying nice words to a person is like showing a receptive child a trick with an unusual coin, and then giving it to him. For him, such things are a miracle and joy, his soul would freeze with delight, admiration and gratitude. Perhaps he will carefully store this coin for many years. So it is with a kind word - it is not difficult to say it, and the benefits of this are great.
№ 452638   Added MegaMozg 06-04-2023 / 15:00
As I reflect on some of the mistakes I've made throughout my long career, I find it comforting to know that the tendency to make mistakes, and indeed to make mistakes, is inherently, so to speak, in the human brain. I realized that I could be forgiven for some of the mistakes I've made over the years. Anyone can make a mistake, and we all understand this very well. The problem is that when doctors like me make a mistake, the consequences for patients can be disastrous.
№ 452304   Added Viker 29-03-2023 / 17:47
Years will pass and nothing will change, because you do not know how to dream.
№ 451649   Added Viker 14-03-2023 / 09:53
Where to support you.
№ 451627   Added Viker 14-03-2023 / 09:49
Like cranes fly south, human years fly away. But they are not destined to return.
№ 451213   Added Viker 13-03-2023 / 08:50
Years have no power over human wisdom!
№ 451212   Added Viker 13-03-2023 / 08:50
Nolly and I went to the movies a couple of weeks ago. There was more gore in this western than I've seen in all my years in Korea. The kids ate popcorn and giggled.
№ 450985   Added Viker 02-03-2023 / 11:44
- It's interesting that you chose two people who are already dead and can't say anything about themselves, but yes, I'm sure they also had their own demons.
№ 450300   Added Viker 14-02-2023 / 09:32