years [Theme] Page 2

Years and years of having to jump up at the crack of dawn kindled in me a frenzied love for my warm bed.
№ 450164   Added MegaMozg 10-02-2023 / 07:00
Why should I suddenly fear death? Are we living out of a desire not to die? I don't understand. Is there anything good in life? I didn't have anything. For all the years that I have lived. Nothing good has ever happened.
№ 449378   Added MegaMozg 24-01-2023 / 21:48
While some challenges get easier by the hour, others take years. Everyone has their own limits.
№ 449010   Added MegaMozg 11-01-2023 / 15:48
Every year when fireworks are in the sky, I say to myself: Here
№ 448114   Added Viker 02-01-2023 / 12:15
In winter, it gets darker early, she is greedy for light, the shine will not be bright for long, it is not long-term, oh, no. There is light in young eyes, but, for years, there is none.
№ 447456   Added MegaMozg 11-12-2022 / 09:51
to silently understand each other is only the result of very long and intelligent conversations, and not the “magic of love”. And that also takes maturity.
№ 447186   Added MegaMozg 02-12-2022 / 03:27
I taught Varvara Gulyaeva so that she could delve into everything, think about everything independently. I wanted her to become a person with a broad outlook, with a conscious faith in the future. And you, perhaps, it was during these war years that you managed to impose your faith on her - blind faith, in which you don’t need to think, you don’t need to reason. The world for her became dark and incomprehensible. We won the war - why should she, Varvara, analyze, why puzzle over questions, why and why - just God's grace. Since the war, it has become more difficult to live on the Gumnishchi collective farm. How to fix the situation? Again, one answer: that's God's will. And so in everything and everywhere - mental blindness. And from blindness, from the unknown, a purely animal fear of life appears. Fear of God's wrath, fear of superiors, fear of rain at the wrong time, fear of a cat crossing the road. And then you hammer in: be patient, for everything is from God, be submissive. Submission, a lazy mind and fear - this is quite enough to make a spiritual slave out of a person. Whether you wanted it or not, you created spiritually poor people, moral freaks in our time. Thank you for your small benefit, but know that we also appreciated the harm.
№ 447002   Added Viker 28-11-2022 / 13:55
Each time I approached a narrow circle of acquaintances, naively believing that we would remain friends forever. Since we're hanging out together, I thought, this will continue. It turns out friendship works differently. Life changes, people change too. Years later, only a few friends - and then, if you're lucky - continue to communicate with you. I have repeatedly wondered why some people stay with you for years, while others move away.
№ 446819   Added MegaMozg 24-11-2022 / 14:12
I wonder how many people didn't do what they talked about years ago because of the war?
№ 446726   Added MegaMozg 22-11-2022 / 01:30
I thought I could hide from the past. From the secrets that surround me. From who I really am. But, of course, it doesn't work that way, and it was foolish to think that I could get away with it. Silly, but I don't regret it. I don't regret opening up to you. That I trusted - as much as I could. We were given little time, but I promise to remember every second that I spent next to you. I ... felt happy - for the first time in many years. Thanks to you. You are an amazing person, Blaine. You have so much warmth and so much kindness. Please don't hide it from the world. Even if it's scary. I wish you happiness. And thanks. Thank you for teaching me to see the light again.
Quote Explanation: Quote from Theodora.
№ 446696   Added MegaMozg 21-11-2022 / 01:30
Youth is so careless. It seems to you that you will always be young, full of strength, worries, which you will certainly cope with. But the years go by, honey, they go so fast that one day you wake up in bed, you go to the bathroom, you look in the mirror and you don't recognize yourself. Old age comes and takes everything it can from you. And only love for yourself, for your loved ones, for your business can help you stay afloat.
Quote Explanation: From the novel "Arcanum"
№ 446514   Added MegaMozg 15-11-2022 / 17:51
I somehow strained my brains and deduced: if we proceed from the theory of human flexibility and survivability, he, in principle, does not care where to live and while away his earthly years, he will take root everywhere and will feel comfortable. After all, man is an animal of a new formation, cunning, tolerant and sometimes even smart.
№ 446509   Added MegaMozg 15-11-2022 / 17:36
Years passed, summer and winter changed each other. There were hot days and warm days, and days when the salty wind blew from the sea, flower fields in the spring, and abundant harvests, and golden autumn days, roads were built throughout the kingdom, and bridges connected the banks of the rivers. But the king, as far as his subjects could see, showed no joy. "Now it's always winter," he said to Septon Barth one evening, while drunk. Since Aemon's death, he always drank a cup or three of honey-sweetened wine at night to sleep.
№ 446360   Added MegaMozg 11-11-2022 / 07:21
Heavy prison.
№ 446001   Added MegaMozg 02-11-2022 / 03:12
Life is much easier than it seems. True, it often takes years to understand this.
№ 445492   Added MegaMozg 16-10-2022 / 11:48