USSR [Theme]

Soviet power gradually degenerated into some kind of philistine atheistic almshouse. Pensions, rations, subsidies, but the intelligentsia are not yet in capes and do not go out in pairs, otherwise they are a perfect shelter for orphans, they are kept from hand to mouth and forced to confess unbelief, praying for salvation from lice, to take off their hats when performing the International, etc. Portraits of the All-Russian Central Executive Committee , couriers, present and non-present days. Here it is.
Quote Explanation: From a letter to Dmitry Petrovsky, 1920.
№ 466336   Added MegaMozg 29-04-2024 / 15:36
Baker came to Moscow to bargain, to look for a compromise. He told Gorbachev: we understand perfectly well that you perceive the reunification of Germany as a threat to your security. We can give our guarantees. First: NATO will not advance “not an inch” to the East - as it was on the territory of Germany, it will remain there. Second: the United States is ready to not allow any deployment of NATO troops outside the zone in which they are currently located. We are ready to give written guarantees. But we want to know exactly what you need. We had different options. We could, for example, demand that Germany withdraw from NATO and consolidate the non-aligned status of the united Germany. It is not a fact that the Americans would agree to this, but it was possible to put forward such conditions. One could even talk about creating a kind of buffer - a belt of neutral states in the center of Europe. This would be insurance against a new cooling in relations with the West. Moreover, even then it was obvious: the Warsaw Pact would most likely cease to exist. We could also insist that NATO not move an inch east of its then borders, as Baker actually proposed. For a greater guarantee, one could demand the adoption of an official declaration, hold a major conference, say, in Helsinki, something like Helsinki-2, where new agreements would be proclaimed and an important declaration would be adopted, which, even without being a legal document, would commit to adherence to certain rules by both parties to the negotiations. But neither Gorbachev nor Shevardnadze, who headed the USSR Ministry of Foreign Affairs, presented anything similar to Baker. The Secretary of State is confused. He is trying to extract something from the Russian negotiators, at least some additional condition from them so that the agreement has a more solid basis, but he gets nothing. From Gorbachev he simply hears: “Okay, we agree.”
№ 465922   Added MegaMozg 15-04-2024 / 10:54
- Is this the general line for people to eat each other? I, like you - neither my mother, nor my brothers, nor the house that you took from us, will not forgive. I'll die and I won't forgive you...
№ 465799   Added MegaMozg 12-04-2024 / 16:12
When did communists consider people to be people?
№ 465798   Added MegaMozg 12-04-2024 / 16:09
The Soviet school did everything it could to turn Tolstoy into a gloomy, verbose bore.
№ 465676   Added MegaMozg 08-04-2024 / 15:12
- No, it was like that. “Here,” he pointed to the negatives, “there is everything.” Churchill promised Hitler to stall for time while he destroyed the USSR. Don't open a second front. He sat down on two chairs with his fat butt. When I saw how Stalin beat the Germans, I realized that I had to change my word. And he changed it. Hess was court-martialed and opened a second front.
№ 465604   Added MegaMozg 05-04-2024 / 03:18
One worthless musician criticized me at a meeting of the Union of Composers of the USSR for writing music for cartoons and nothing about the party and the government: “There is no ideology!” The then head of the union, Tikhon Khrennikov, stood up for me. He said that he himself does not know whether it is good or bad that there is no ideology, but his grandson refuses to eat porridge until they play “The Town Musicians of Bremen” for him. Everyone fell down laughing, and the next day the permit was signed.
№ 463199   Added MegaMozg 13-03-2024 / 14:06
In my Soviet childhood there was only one type of condom - rubber. They were called "rubber product number 2." Rubber item number 1 was a gas mask. Breathing in the USSR was more difficult than fucking.
№ 462090   Added Viker 05-02-2024 / 15:01
creation of the USSR. Is Staritsky listed as the author? . Oleg Borisov speaks Ukrainian in the replica frame??
№ 461314   Added MegaMozg 13-01-2024 / 13:42
- Well, Lar, what are you talking about?! For what war? The USSR is not at war with anyone!
Quote Explanation: We're talking about 1969.
№ 461039   Added Viker 12-01-2024 / 17:01
The Korean police operation has been going on for two and a half years and has escalated into a full-scale war. The United States fought fierce battles for useless hills and suffered heavy losses. This is very similar to what will happen in Vietnam fifteen years later. Troops under the command of General MacArthur fought the North Koreans, armed with the participation of the USSR. The Americans moved closer and closer to the border of China. Despite regular warnings from Beijing, MacArthur assured Truman that China would never go to war. In the late fall of 1950, hundreds of thousands of Chinese soldiers poured south across the Yalu River. The Americans and their allies had to retreat in disorder. The Marines did not take this threat seriously at first. "No retreat," their commander reported, "we're just advancing in the other direction." TIME magazine called it the worst defeat in US history. Truman wrote in his diary: "World War III is on the verge."
The Korean police operation has been going on for two and a...
№ 456491   Added MegaMozg 02-09-2023 / 23:33
The concepts of "Soviet people" or "Soviet people", derived from the form of government, look somewhat unnatural. It would also be unnatural to call any people monarchical or parliamentary, or to unite all the peoples of the countries of the common market with the name of the common market people. But still, I often use the adjective “Soviet”, because I don’t know any other common name for people of various nationalities inhabiting the USSR. And it is necessary, because the general laws, rules of conduct and conditions of existence that have been in force throughout the life of several generations, without completely destroying national differences, develop traditions and habits common to all. I don’t put any negative meaning into the word “Soviet” in this case. Among Soviet people, as among any other people, there are many smart, stupid, talented, mediocre, noble and scoundrels. But try to put a Russian, an American, an Eskimo and a Thai in the same prison cell, keep them in this cell for a sufficient number of years and you will see that all of them, with all their national and personal differences, will have the same inclinations. and habits, they will all write in small handwriting, dislike bright sunlight, and will all be claustrophobic. And if their children and grandchildren grow up in the same cell, then from early childhood they will learn to deceive the guards, hide small things in the folds of their clothes, and bread under their pillows, and even released into the wild and into a prosperous life, they will be for a very long time to keep these habits and, perhaps, to pass them on by inheritance.
№ 454361   Added Viker 20-06-2023 / 10:55
Writers also live separately from everyone. From time to time they “to study life” go on so-called “creative” business trips, sometimes individually, but most often in teams, visit “advanced” collective farms or factories, where they are shown the front or, more precisely, the fictitious side of life and are deceived as foreigners. The vast majority of writers (and there are more than 8,000 of them in the USSR) are completely unaware of the life of their own people, and those rare ones who know and try to portray it truthfully are persecuted by the authorities, accused of aiding foreign intelligence services and sometimes punished very severely.
№ 454353   Added MegaMozg 20-06-2023 / 10:54
Aliens are not among our virtues at all. The peoples of the USSR cohabit like schoolchildren. They know each other only from the class desk, and even from the big break, while the chalk is crumbling.
№ 451315   Added Viker 13-03-2023 / 09:34
There was no responsible political force in Russia that would dare to declare that from the point of view of the goals of self-preservation and reproduction of the Russian people, the collapse of the USSR was the biggest success in the last half century.
№ 451302   Added Viker 13-03-2023 / 09:32