despair [Theme] Page 4

We all feel despair, all of us who walk down the street, enter or leave a store, with wet shoulders, hunched over, everyone who saw her but pretended not to see her, everyone who frowned, and that’s all (although on this damp day there were not too many of them) who, passing, put their hand into a pocket or purse, we all experience it, she thought, in this vale of tears we feel the weight of the low sky, indifferent rain and damp depths of endless winter, the sour smell of the vestibule , the sulphurous breath of the subway, copper coins, the cold that gets under your clothes and devastates your insides.
№ 435347   Added MegaMozg 02-02-2022 / 19:33
… A dying day in early February, is there a time of the year more suitable for despair?
№ 435338   Added Viker 02-02-2022 / 13:17
The most desperate, the most wrong spectacle in the world: motherhood, doomed to defeat.
№ 435134   Added Viker 02-02-2022 / 11:01
These people are so strong. Each of them lost someone. But they overcome despair and continue to look to the future with hope. This is much harder than drowning in self-pity.
№ 434879   Added MegaMozg 27-01-2022 / 05:27
I think humor is part of what saves us from despair.
№ 434361   Added Viker 24-01-2022 / 14:31
Cheated stubbornly. He does not despair over trifles. It's not easy to bring him to despair. Even if all the banks burst, he cares little. He stubbornly pursues his goal. She cheated a lot on inventions. He has great ingenuity. Capable of the most cunning ideas. He knows how to gain confidence and get out of any situation.
№ 434330   Added MegaMozg 18-01-2022 / 13:03
A useful fertilizer.
№ 433754   Added MegaMozg 31-12-2021 / 12:36
When it's dawn.
№ 433750   Added MegaMozg 31-12-2021 / 04:57
Poverty, despair, violence - they are also contagious.
№ 433556   Added MegaMozg 26-12-2021 / 23:06
... He was well aware of cases when families reached such a degree of despair that they chose separation and slavery in exchange for a chance to survive. he knew all about the sale of allotments, when poor tenants were forced to leave the land that had belonged to their ancestors for several hundred years, about the dire poverty and hunger that reigned in the cities, about the unbearable life that ordinary Scots dragged out in those years. However, reading in books and seeing with your own eyes are completely different things.
№ 431910   Added MegaMozg 12-11-2021 / 06:33
And no matter how much I wanted to believe that there is truth behind illusions, I finally realized that there is no truth behind illusions. Because between “reality” on the one hand and the point at which reality and reason converge, there is a certain intermediate zone, an iridescent edge where beauty comes to life, where two completely different surfaces merge, are captured and give us something that life cannot give us : in this very space all art, all magic exists. And - I bet that's all love. Or, to be more precise, the intermediate zone shows us the fundamental paradox of love. Close up: A freckled hand on a black coat, an origami frog flopped to one side. A step back - and again an immortal illusion creeps in: about life is greater than life. And between them - the gap - is Pippa herself, she is both love and non-love, she is here and not here. Photos on the wall, a crumpled sock under the sofa. The moment when I reached out to remove the fluff from her hair, and she laughed and dodged me. And just as music is an internotic space, just as the stars are beautiful due to the distances between them, just as the sun at a certain angle beats a ray into a raindrop and throws a prism of light into the sky - so is the space in which I exist, where I would like to stay further, is exactly in that middle zone, where despair clashes with the purest otherness and something sublime is born.
№ 431195   Added Viker 25-10-2021 / 09:22
Under a rude and obscene profession, under obscene words, under a drunken, ugly appearance - and yet Sonechka Marmeladova is still alive! The fate of a Russian prostitute - oh, what a tragic, pitiful, bloody, ridiculous and stupid path it is! Everything was combined here: Russian God, Russian breadth and carelessness, Russian despair in the fall, Russian lack of culture, Russian naivety, Russian patience, Russian shamelessness. After all, all of them that you take to your bedrooms - look, take a good look at them - after all, they are all children, after all, they are all eleven years old. Fate pushed them to prostitution, and since then they live in some strange, enchanting, toy life, not developing, not enriched by experience, naive, trusting, capricious, not knowing what they will say and what they will do in half an hour - just like children ... I saw this bright and funny childishness among the most depressed, the oldest girls, hackneyed and crippled like cabbies. And this impotent pity, this useless sympathy for human suffering never dies in them.
№ 431181   Added Viker 25-10-2021 / 09:20
- Communication with those who love me. But I was in a very difficult emotional state. Probably many of my actions made them worry.
№ 430986   Added MegaMozg 19-10-2021 / 20:39
You never know whether the despair you feel is justified or unjustified.
№ 430720   Added MegaMozg 14-10-2021 / 16:18
Do not despair, do not despair, and that you do not despair. When it seems that everything is already over, new forces come from somewhere, and this means that you are living.
№ 430463   Added MegaMozg 08-10-2021 / 14:27