France [Theme] Page 2

One of Nero's main problems was that he really wanted confirmation of his power.
You can't want confirmation of your power. If you are in control, if you want to say, like Louis XIV, "France is me," it is YOU who must stand behind your words. And not to say, "France is me. Truth?.."
That doesn't work.
And Nero somewhere really wanted to impress people. So he had this: "I'm the emperor!" ended: "... Do you agree?"
Even if he didn't say it, it was "you agree" still hanging in the air.
"Well, see, well, agree that I am the emperor." And when this happens, the imperial chair is vacated.
Quote Explanation: from the video introduction to the poem Pax Romana
№ 415538   Added MegaMozg 22-03-2021 / 00:06
We are unfairly demanding something from Europe. Well, let's remember. When all of progressive Europe at first gladly gave everything Hitler wanted. They applauded him. They gave him the Jews to be torn apart. Saying it's not their headache. They gave Czechoslovakia to be torn apart. Saying that in this way they reconcile. Did they have any sense of guilt? They present the de-Naziification of Germany as an achievement. And with Austria how? And with France, how? With Belgium? Not only that. France became the victorious country. And we know why. Because de Gaulle came and Stalin liked it so much that there was this fortel. Although if we compare how many French fought, valiantly in Normandy - Estman, and how many fought in various units related to the Nazi hordes, this comparison no one will like. I'm not talking about the Charlemagne division, which fought in Berlin.
Release Date: 16.02.2021
№ 413723   Added MegaMozg 17-02-2021 / 10:51
But again, the question arises: what does the Soviet Union have to do with it? Oh yes, on September 17, 1939, we also entered the territory of Poland, committing a terrible crime against the Polish statehood. What norms are we talking about at all? In this case, there are four of them: the Riga Peace Treaty of 1921, the Paris Briand-Kellogg Pact, the non-aggression pact between Poland and the USSR of 1932 and, finally, the Convention on the Definition of Aggression of 1933. Document titles are large-scale. And if you do not know what they contain, probably, you really just need to sprinkle ashes on your head, the whole country to fall to its knees and ask the proud Polish gentry to forgive us. But as soon as you open the first of these documents, it will immediately turn out that there is nothing to repent of, in general. And Poland, to put it mildly, distorts the cards. Let's start with the fundamental document in all this history - the Convention on the Definition of Aggression. Today, those Poles who call on the peoples of Russia to repent for 1939, for some reason forget to clarify that this document was proposed by Moscow, that is, the Soviet Union. The convention has an important point: "The invasion of its armed forces, at least without declaring war on the territory of another state." That is, the entry of troops of the Workers' and Peasants' Red Army into the territory of Western Ukraine and Western Belarus could be regarded as a violation. But this convention, despite all the proposals of Moscow, was never adopted, which means that it did not become a document of international law. This happened thanks to the position of Great Britain and France. And Poland was not eager to support this document. But that's half the trouble. The problem is that a convention cannot exist on its own. It was to be part of a thrice international agreement on arms limitation. You probably won't be surprised if I say that the agreement was not signed. That is, the Soviet Union is accused of violating the main provisions of international law, although these provisions are spelled out in documents that were not adopted, and at the same time proposed to adopt them by the USSR. Now let's turn to the Briand-Kellogg Pact, which the Soviet Union brazenly ignored in order to destroy Polish statehood. It has a clause condemning war as a means of settling international disputes. Awesome. Let's admit that there was indeed a misunderstanding between Moscow and Warsaw. So what happens? In September 1939, Germany attacks Poland, war begins, then Great Britain and France declare war on Germany. And then comes September 17, 1939. The Soviet Union introduces troops into the territory of Western Belarus, Western Ukraine. Did Great Britain and France declare war on the Soviet Union for violating the Briand-Kellogg Pact? Of course not. Let's ask a more complicated question: did Poland declare war on the Soviet Union? You will be surprised, but not only was war not declared on the Soviet Union, the Polish army was ordered categorically not to engage in hostilities with the troops of the Red Army. In other words, the Polish government then, in 1939, did not regard the entry of Red Army troops into the territory of Western Ukraine and Western Belarus as a violation of the Briand-Kellogg Pact. <... > And since the Briand-Kellogg Pact does not add up very well, they immediately occupy the following line of defense: the non-aggression pact between Poland and the Soviet Union of 1932 was violated. <... > The defeat of Poland in the war with Germany automatically meant the termination of the 1932 treaty. Agree, if one of the two partners by the standards of international law ceases to exist, how and at what expense should the treaty operate? For some reason, Polish political scientists and experts do not want to categorically talk about this. How they are not going to talk about the fact that the Soviet Union in the autumn of 1939 complied with absolutely all the norms of international law: the government of the USSR summoned the Polish ambassador in Moscow and notified him that in connection with the defeat of Poland in the war with the Third Reich, the 1932 treaty was now terminated.
№ 407113   Added MegaMozg 19-11-2020 / 00:30
True or not, the fact remains that a French house is being built around a dining room.
№ 407071   Added MegaMozg 18-11-2020 / 22:24
The French know how to find pleasure in everyday life like no one else.
№ 406679   Added MegaMozg 11-11-2020 / 11:36
The words of the hostess of the house accurately reflected the very essence of the French worldview: solemnly set the table, adhere to rituals and traditions, and then play a little naughty and get pleasure from it.
№ 406678   Added MegaMozg 11-11-2020 / 11:33
It should be noted that the hero of the film "Russia. The Kremlin. Putin" Vladimir Putin wrote a very important article about the Second world war, which is not only a past but also a road map for the future. The greatest tragedy caused a fatal chain of events. But the main reason is state egoism, cowardice, pandering to the gaining strength of the aggressor, the unwillingness of political elites to compromise. We are not afraid to admit their mistakes, but not allow ourselves to be accused in the wrong. Because the mockery of the memory of meanness. We opened our archives and are waiting for the same steps from the allied countries. We are for honest conversation. And so Russia has proposed to hold the summit five. China (XI Jinping), France (macron), America (trump), Britain (Johnson) our initiative was supported. One it is important for leaders to show political will and work together to discuss the future, other countries, such as Poland, the Baltic States, only a pretext for political provocations. When I read an article (a great article) and I strongly recommend its reading... first, I do not recall that the head of such level wrote an article which analyzes the behavior and motives of the main players of world war II. It's one thing when it is written by historians, journalists... But when a person with this level of responsibility, analyses of what, why, and how it was made, it adds a special touch. Then I realize that hardly anyone can now available in the world politicians of this level, well maybe except for XI Jinping, to write an article that will fully reflect the feelings of the majority of the citizens of his country. Trump can't write such an article. Boris Johnson, the brilliant journalist, but I doubt he would want to write such an article. For him it is ancient history. We are very much curious, but for me it is also the answer to my eternal debate with N. V. Zlobin. Zlobin kept saying that in foreign policy there should be no morality. What Putin says, I don't remember to have said so in such terms about the modern acts of today's politicians. Here a direct allusion to America, and to Poland and to the Baltic States, and, of course, to Ukraine. Very, very tough.
Release Date: 21.06.2020
№ 398736   Added Viker 23-06-2020 / 09:23
Yes, this is France. Food, wine and women.
№ 397628   Added MegaMozg 10-06-2020 / 11:33
- Your Majesty, look at me! No one knows who of us for a few minutes or seconds older than the other.
- Are you really my brother?
And stalking me since birth, so you could reign.
- I didn't know that.
- Now you know.
Still, I agree with that.
- No doubt.
- The government often requires sacrifice.
Very comforting, especially since not have sacrificed you and me.
Now we swapped roles in the mask shackled me. But I do not complain, I accept the fate that you want me to cook.
- What's next?
- Perhaps you will take my place in the Louvre, and I will probably take over in the Bastille.
- And that, even once in the Bastille, you won't discover the truth the commandant?
Even under torture, I'd rather no one knew anything. I think about France, about his Kingdom.
№ 392091   Added MegaMozg 24-04-2020 / 23:39
- I'm the king of France and do what I like.
- You are the king and should be able to sacrifice themselves. You can't act like an ordinary lover. <...>
- Well, if I'm not willing to sacrifice for the glory of France, what would you say?
I don't even dare to say, sire, what I would say. But of course you are worthy of the throne, the ancient and glorious throne of France, this vast Kingdom, which is so high that its interests above the interests of the king! Remember that France is the only thing above you!
№ 392090   Added MegaMozg 24-04-2020 / 23:36
- A Republic will not work?
- Republic in France? Yes do the people that do not want to! The French definitely need someone to love or hate.
№ 392070   Added MegaMozg 24-04-2020 / 18:45
- I prayed!
- Prayer of the Queen of France is highly regarded, but I think that the Spaniards did not sit on their hands and he also offered prayers to the Lord. Now imagine yourself in the place of God, I beg you left, pray right, he will not know who to help, so will not interfere.
№ 392069   Added MegaMozg 24-04-2020 / 18:42
To go to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion: you just leave behind a lot of useless noisy baggage.
№ 386960   Added MegaMozg 03-02-2020 / 23:02
The volume accumulated can imagine a simple example: the theft and export outside Russia metals accumulated in the Soviet Union, giving the opportunity for a good fifteen years to live a different kind of strong business executives a dozen countries (Ukraine. Germany, Baltic States, USA, France and others). And supplies of salt, matches, soap, canned food and sugar, zanesennykh citizens of the state in the last epoch of the deficit (in 1970 - 1980‑e years), was, according to experts, expended by the mid 90‑ies of the last century.
№ 386695   Added MegaMozg 25-01-2020 / 20:09
I understand that it is not going to pay for lazy people in other countries out of pocket. I lost 1.3 million euros in Paris because the French are lazy. Want to work 32 hours a week and consider myself a consummate chefs. Yes what they are doing for the week, we here in the UK, two days will do it.
№ 374414   Added MegaMozg 10-07-2019 / 14:08