work [Theme]

On set, the work was freezing my brain and the weather was freezing my ass.
Quote Explanation: This is how Michael spoke in an interview about his participation in the filming of the film “In Mortal Danger” with Steven Seagal in Alaska in the small town of Valdiss.
№ 466205   Added MegaMozg 26-04-2024 / 09:24
I have worked as a carpenter, two types of mechanic, carpenter, cinder block maker, and cleaner. Almost everywhere with the prefix “student, trainee.” The main result that I learned: among hard workers there is a hierarchy, and the strong eat the weak. There are both appointed bosses and opinion leaders. There is also family continuity. It’s a tradition in Kuzbass to pompously declare “dynasties” of blue-collar jobs from high stands. The message is that if you were born into the family of a miner or bulldozer driver, then you MUST become a miner or bulldozer driver yourself. Serfdom, only under a thick layer of farce. However, the "Law of Dynasties" works almost without problems.
№ 466145   Added MegaMozg 25-04-2024 / 04:00
Some health gurus have taught us that the best way to grow and cultivate vitality is to look in the mirror. Working as a psychiatrist showed me that we do better if we turn away from the mirror and look out the window. Moreover, I hope that you will open the door and step safely into the world. Choose vitality by challenging yourself, connecting with others, and contributing to the greater good in every way possible.
№ 466083   Added MegaMozg 20-04-2024 / 03:54
I want one day for the country to prosper, for people to have jobs, for the world to be stable, and for my general not to have to defend the border gate with his life. I want to be like Master Feng Han, fighting to untie the knot between the imperial power and Ziliujin. I hope that all the machines that work on the ground will work on the fields, that the kites flying in the sky will be filled with ordinary travelers who are taking their families home to visit relatives... Everyone can live with dignity.
№ 465974   Added MegaMozg 16-04-2024 / 03:21
She was the fairy of Sorrow and always managed her affairs herself, without entrusting them to anyone: so at least she knew that everything would probably be done properly.
№ 465960   Added MegaMozg 15-04-2024 / 15:45
Happiness is getting up in the morning: there is work, home, care. There is meaning in life - that means happiness.
№ 465915   Added MegaMozg 15-04-2024 / 10:12
There is nothing more exhausting than a job that you won't start.
№ 465557   Added MegaMozg 03-04-2024 / 03:42
The job of a fiction writer is to find the inner truth in the woven web of a fictional story, not to sacrifice intellectual honesty in pursuit of dough.
№ 465369   Added MegaMozg 01-04-2024 / 03:51
You go to work to buy a house to raise children or to impress your dad... You work all your life and what do you get in return? Smiles
№ 465194   Added MegaMozg 31-03-2024 / 19:06
... always, when I see the first novel dedicated to a wife (or husband), I smile and think: Here
Quote Explanation: One of King's first novels, Carrie, would not have been published if not for his wife Tabitha. She pulled the manuscript out of the trash can and convinced him to send it to the publishing house.
№ 465152   Added MegaMozg 26-03-2024 / 20:03
Completely engage in creative work when you have at least an hour of free time. Nothing should exist for you in those moments when you create.
№ 465124   Added MegaMozg 25-03-2024 / 04:03
Any activity - study, work, social events, sports, entertainment - contains elements that can increase a person’s alienation from his essence.
№ 464972   Added MegaMozg 20-03-2024 / 03:36
Before Carrie, I wrote other novels - Fury, The Long Walk and The Running Man were later published. Of these, "Rage" is the most problematic, "The Long Walk" is the best. But none of them taught me what I learned from Carrie White. The most important thing is that the author's perception of a character can be just as erroneous as the reader's perception of him. The next thought is that quitting your job because it is emotionally or imaginatively difficult is not worth it. Sometimes you have to continue even if you really don’t want to, and sometimes good work happens even when it seems like you’re shoveling crap while sitting down.
№ 464907   Added Viker 19-03-2024 / 13:01
The bitch waited for the holiday, she lies down, the puppies bark.
№ 464706   Added Viker 19-03-2024 / 12:30
Gould said something else that was interesting to me on the day of my first two notes: write with the door closed, rewrite with the door open. Your writing begins for yourself, in other words, but then it goes out into the world. When you understand what a thing is and do it right - at least as best you can - it belongs to everyone who wants to read it. Or criticize. If you are very lucky (this is my idea, but I think John Gould would have subscribed to it), there will be more of the former than the latter.
Quote Explanation: This was the advice given to young Stephen King by editor John Gould.
№ 464697   Added Viker 19-03-2024 / 12:29