work [Theme] Page 2

The rain also cried about something and stopped delicately, just as it had begun.
№ 462226   Added Viker 05-02-2024 / 15:56
We all line up: we live for today, at any given moment we are engaged in one particular thing: we eat, we get sick, we breathe. Dentists fill only one root canal, shipbuilders work on only one ship. If your job is to write books, you write one specific page. We turn away from everything we know and fear. We study catalogs, watch football matches, choose between Sprint and ATT [the largest telephone companies in the United States, fiercely competing with each other. - explanation in the book]. We count the birds in the sky and turn away from the window if we hear footsteps in the corridor behind us; we say, yes, I agree, clouds often look like something: fish, unicorns, horsemen - but in reality they are just clouds, and we switch our attention to the next dish, the next pain, the next breath, the next page. That's how we are made.
№ 462139   Added Viker 05-02-2024 / 15:16
You are happy, of course, if your work finds a response in the hearts of the audience. If your work brings some kind of cleansing to the audience... Success is accompanied by joy, because it so rarely happens. Theater is such an incomprehensible situation that not a single Nemirovich-Danchenko or Stanislavsky can predict whether there will be success or not. It arises from the addition of many necessities: a play, a director, an actor, time, the pain of today. All this together creates the basis for creating a role that will resonate in the hearts of the audience. Or vice versa - past the garden. The train passed, but it didn’t affect you.
№ 462046   Added Viker 05-02-2024 / 14:54
I remember well how dad came home in the evenings and talked about work. Every day. The conversation about work began at the door, continued over dinner, and ended in the parents’ bedroom when dad shouted: “Let’s turn off the lights!” - exactly at eight in the evening, because he needed to get enough sleep and gain strength to go to work the next day. A lot of work. Nothing but work.
№ 461977   Added Viker 05-02-2024 / 14:43
John Hayne has complete power over us, we are his property; he can do whatever he wants to us.
№ 461893   Added Viker 05-02-2024 / 12:44
It's not your job to make me happy. This is my job. And I will try.
Quote Explanation: Father to son.
Its not your job to make me happy. This is my job. And I...
№ 461735   Added MegaMozg 19-01-2024 / 04:12
In the programming world, there is no such thing as leaving on time. The work ends only when it is finished.
№ 461230   Added Viker 13-01-2024 / 12:14
It was a year that did not allow us to relax, but which forced us to unite and be even stronger. A year when there were many losses, human and financial. And I hug tightly those from whom the year has taken away the most important thing - loved ones. It was also a year of enormous transformation. Soul, mind. Metamorphosis, what is it? Transformation. Transformation. And I believe that we have reached/are reaching a new level of development. Where the rule is to give more than to take. Where love is unconditional, from a pure “just like that.” Where friendship can withstand all events. Where you need to be able to forgive and say goodbye, letting go of everything; outdated, with great gratitude. Where dreams are not just a wish list; on the new moon, but powerful work on your goals and moving forward, because there is faith. Into yourself. And the most important thing. We can do anything. We'll survive everything. We will achieve everything. As long as we have love for life in our hearts. I wish you, my dears, to always be in love with LIFE! Happy New Year!
№ 460903   Added MegaMozg 10-01-2024 / 19:09
I'm lazy! I hate working! I hate hard work in all its forms! Cunning and elegant solutions are my strong point!
№ 460772   Added Viker 10-01-2024 / 16:23
I work, I work in silence as before. Sometimes I get sick, but sometimes God’s grace makes me feel fresh and cheerful, and then my work goes on fresher.
Quote Explanation: 1851, December 20
№ 460693   Added Viker 10-01-2024 / 15:44
She tried to discern what kind of weaving the greatest and most ancient master - gray Time - would make from the tow he had already spun into a woman. But his weaving is a hidden place, its work is not heard, and its working hands are silent.
№ 460627   Added Viker 10-01-2024 / 15:33
An actor must remain a child all his life. Maybe it sounds a little playful - like a child. The main thing is not to become sugar-coated, not to turn into a “cracker”, not to go into excessive boredom and seriousness. In our profession, you need to constantly be surprised, enjoy new things and not guess how your upcoming work will turn out.
№ 460599   Added Viker 10-01-2024 / 15:29
After all, I must go forward! must win! - Will all these proud undertakings, these plans, this work, this continuous work of many years, turn into nothing? My youth is the youth of a genius. I lived and acted in such a way that only great deeds can justify my behavior. They have to be or I'll be ridiculous.
Quote Explanation: Valery Bryusov. Diaries 1891-1910.
№ 460065   Added Viker 18-12-2023 / 10:28