efforts [Theme] Page 5

Muggle scientists have found that people are always overly optimistic: they say that some process will take two days, but in fact it takes ten, or they say - two months, and it takes more than thirty-five years. Or, for example, a survey of students was conducted, by what date they are 50%, 75% and 99% sure that they will complete their homework. And only 13%, 19% and 45% of them complete it by the specified time. Scientists have discovered the cause. The subjects were asked to describe the ideal and typical scenarios. And the resulting descriptions were almost identical. If you ask a person to plan something for the future, then he usually, imagining the most likely course of events, forgets about the possibility of mistakes or surprises. Most of the subjects did not finish the work by the deadline of which they were 99% sure, so that the actual results were worse than even the worst-case scenario. This phenomenon is called a "planning error," and the best way to avoid it is to consider how long it took to do any work in the past. That is, to look at the process from the outside. If you're taking on something for the first time and there's a possibility of failure, you have to be very, very, very pessimistic. So pessimistic that the results accurately exceed expectations. I, for one, work hard to present a grim picture of one of my classmates being bitten by a monster, but it could actually happen that the surviving Death Eaters attack the school to grab me. It's good that...
"Enough is enough," McGonagall interrupted.
Harry fell silent. He was just going to add that they at least knew that the Dark Lord wouldn't attack because he was dead.
№ 415263   Added MegaMozg 19-03-2021 / 14:57
People are what they are, despite their best efforts to become different.
№ 414171   Added MegaMozg 26-02-2021 / 14:48
All the efforts of a prudent person should be directed not towards repairing and caulking his body, like a fragile boat, but towards leading a lifestyle in which the body would get into a frustrated position as little as possible, and therefore, as little as possible. would be in repair.
№ 412224   Added MegaMozg 28-01-2021 / 01:24
We belong to different peoples and powers. And yet we must become one in the face of a mighty enemy! Therefore, I turn for help to those who also want to live! Please, let's meet the future together! If we join forces, no obstacles can stop us!
Quote Explanation: Willie Tiber addresses delegations from different countries to declare war on Paradise.
№ 412037   Added MegaMozg 25-01-2021 / 11:30
You can make tremendous efforts, gnaw, saw and break, but sometimes problems, like Hadfield steel, self-harden. Its hardness becomes equal to the firmness of the efforts made. This is a battle with Nothing, which means that it is impossible to win.
Quote Explanation: Character from the text-based role-playing game "Barefoot on Baker Street"
№ 408581   Added MegaMozg 08-12-2020 / 00:09
The viewer expects sincerity, talk about himself, about what is happening to him, about his fears and hopes, abysses and heights. For example, I am the viewer who does not read film annotations, I know that something interesting and new can be expected from this author, and I come to the cinema for a dream. When you go to bed, you cannot read the annotation for a future dream, you just see it. Roughly the same thing happens with the viewer: he comes into the hall and will be happy to plunge into the unknown, disturbing him like a bad dream, or, on the contrary, like a dream. Since ancient times, people have been interpreting their dreams, trying to understand what lessons this dream gives them. Roughly the same thing happens to the viewer when he leaves the cinema: he entered the hall alone, and left changed. And he begins to think, involuntarily build connections, he ponders, compares what he saw with his own gaze, passes through himself this other people's experience, because the author's efforts, his sincerity, depth and artistic honesty in his relationship with the world bring him into such revelations that often a person I would have been ready to say it myself. You know how it happens, you read a book and think: "Me too, I also thought about this!" But only you do not know how to turn it into a form. Or is it not your task. And it also happens that the artist will give you a revelation about yourself and for this new value for you you will be grateful to him for a long time; how do you thank that dream that took you away from trouble or told something that you will not read in books.
Quote Explanation: From the online conference of the Yakutsk pitching of debutants-2020.
№ 407931   Added MegaMozg 02-12-2020 / 06:30
Serenity. Insensitivity. Sometimes Peri dreamed of them as a great gift. If only she could forget. If only I could not be in pain. She tried to shake off the past, but despite her best efforts, it stubbornly pursued her. (…) Consciousness of her guilt, shame and self-hatred, united, melted into a kind of dense substance, which lay with a heavy burden on her soul.
№ 406424   Added MegaMozg 04-11-2020 / 15:27
- There will never be more wars, Americans and Russians will fraternally unite their efforts and build a new, happy world, from which fear and fear will forever be banished. All of Europe will be united and free; and there will come such a fruitful and creative spiritual revival, which man did not dream of even in the most sublime moments...
"How many nightingales," Janek thought, "sang like this in the night, for centuries? How many gullible and inspired nightingales died with this eternal and wonderful song on their lips? How many more of them will die in cold and suffering, in contempt, hatred and loneliness, before the promise of their delightful voices comes true? How many more centuries? How many births, how many deaths? How many prayers and dreams, how many nightingales? How many tears and songs, how many voices in the night? How many nightingales?"
№ 404419   Added MegaMozg 24-09-2020 / 07:15
At the end of the semester, he was surprised to find that all the best photographs had been taken by the number group. Students in this group were busy taking photographs, experimenting with composition and lighting, testing various techniques in the darkroom, and learning from their mistakes. In the process of creating hundreds of photographs, they honed their skills. Meanwhile, the quality group sat and contemplated perfection. As a result, they had little material to reflect their efforts, other than unverified theories and one mediocre photograph.
№ 403786   Added MegaMozg 16-09-2020 / 08:57
Arguing with a loved one is an exquisite self-torture. Your ego turns against itself. Love burns him out with its Freudian opposite. And if death wins and love dies, who cares? Only you - you are furious and ready for madness. Until exhaustion sets in. You both know or hope that you will eventually come to a reconciliation, although it can take days or even weeks. And you have a presentiment of what tremendous tenderness and bliss this wonderful moment will bring with it. So why not do it now, why wait so long, why waste it on rage? But no one can do that. You are rolling downhill, losing control of your feelings and of the future. In the end, when you find yourself at the very bottom, you will need incredible efforts to make up for every unkind word. And you will not receive forgiveness before you accomplish the feat of self-denial.
№ 403397   Added MegaMozg 02-09-2020 / 12:54
In the article "Tyranny and Wisdom" (1950) A. Kozhev emphasizes the internal relations established between philosophy and pedagogy. It is in the space of "pedagogy" that the intentions and efforts of philosophers, on the one hand, and statesmen, on the other, intersect. This is where their conflict arises. According to Kojève, “philosophical pedagogy” is required by the thinker as a way to maintain a sufficient measure of openness of his thinking to that which is beyond the limits of individual thought as such. In other words, a philosopher needs a discussion if he wants to avoid being stuck in “safe” recognition by randomly selected “well-wishers”. Philosophical discussion, not being the production of directly applicable "recipes", draws the attention of its participants to those "non-philosophical" conditions, which mediate their peculiar "applicability" at a particular moment in time.
Quote Explanation: Facebook. Post from 25.08.20 About the article by A. Kozhev "Tyranny and wisdom"
№ 402973   Added MegaMozg 27-08-2020 / 21:45
I have to admit that it is unforgivably overconfident that person who concludes that an argument does not exist just because he eluded him in the course of his personal research. I must also admit that even if several generations of scholars have made useless efforts to investigate a subject, it might still be too hasty to conclude unconditionally that this subject is beyond human comprehension. Even though we have considered all the sources of our knowledge and concluded that they are unsuitable for such a subject, we may still have a suspicion that either the listing was incomplete or our research is inaccurate.
№ 402928   Added MegaMozg 27-08-2020 / 19:30
At the beginning of a complex, especially a complex a single ascent, constantly feel the abyss pulling you back. To resist it, requires an incredible conscious effort, don't you dare let my guard down for a moment. The siren's song ringing from the void, brings you to the edge, making your movements jerky and awkward. But you continue to move up, and gradually get used to the helplessness, the touch of rock, beginning to believe in the reliability of the hands and feet, and head. You learn to trust self-control.
№ 402071   Added MegaMozg 05-08-2020 / 15:30
In the life of every thinking man there comes a time when he looks back at the past and asks himself what he is and in mental, moral and physical, and financially. It happens when reckless youth gusts are already behind when first independent steps and the efforts already made and all he was striving for and have achieved, is getting in your eyes wrong and fragile. And in the minds of many creeps in the searing soul the idea about the vanity of life - the idea that best expressed the book of Ecclesiastes.
№ 400465   Added MegaMozg 15-07-2020 / 09:51
In this world, if you can't be independent from his parents after their death can be homeless and without money. Strangers will give you money to buy food and pay for housing and utility payments in the most difficult moment. Will not help you, really worry about you and interested in your life. They do not care about your problems with work and money. Don't care about your tears and troubles. Only parents truly feel sorry for you and will make every effort to have you well-fed and lived in a cozy house. They will provide you support and assistance in any situations, as they love and appreciate you. Parents - this is your protection against physical and moral suffering.
№ 399892   Added Айдар 05-07-2020 / 22:45