no [Theme] Page 344

While we are awake, working two systems - System 1 and System 2. System 1 runs automatically and System 2 is in the comfort mode the minimum effort, in other words, involved only a small part of its capabilities. System 1 constantly generates for System 2 offers: impressions, feelings, intentions and feelings. 2 if the System approves them, impressions and premonitions turn into beliefs and impulses into intentional actions. When everything runs smoothly - and it almost always happens, System 2 adopts the suggestions of System 1 little or no modifications. As a rule, you believe your impressions and act according to their desires, and this is usually quite acceptable. When System 1 encounters difficulties, she turns to the 2 System to solve current problems through a more detailed and focused treatment. System 2 is mobilized when an issue of for which System 1 has no answer.
№ 390451   Added MegaMozg 06-04-2020 / 11:45
And like you, have a good life at the expense of others?
- Th?
- You does not confuse that you live at the expense of others and the conscience doesn't bother you?
- No, thank you. And you?
Quote Explanation: Philip decided to pin Drissa, who didn't want the job, after he signed a written waiver, so that he could obtain unemployment benefits. Driss responded in kind.
№ 390437   Added Viker 06-04-2020 / 11:36
Life is so short, consider, we have not.
№ 390360   Added Viker 06-04-2020 / 11:28
I have made a mistake. Thought you have something real, but no solid oratory and posturing.
№ 390308   Added MegaMozg 05-04-2020 / 03:12
Money in their aircraft no money on the shopping centers and temples have always. And an endless stream of propaganda, slandering the Soviet history. It is natural. Forget about the sky! Connection with heaven now supported through dancing and prayers.
№ 390301   Added MegaMozg 04-04-2020 / 16:42
- He calls me "babe". It's like "I'm his girlfriend"?
- No, it's like "I don't know your name."
№ 390297   Added MegaMozg 04-04-2020 / 16:30
Do I think that the Christian religion will exist forever? I have no reason to think so. Prior to failure the world has known thousands of religions. They are all dead. <...> No, I believe that Christianity and its God, are not exceptions to the General rule. They, in turn, should disappear and make room for another God, and even more stupid religion.
№ 390293   Added MegaMozg 04-04-2020 / 16:18
There is nothing so absurd or so unlikely that the average person could not believe it.
№ 390292   Added MegaMozg 04-04-2020 / 16:15
I was just thinking - how cool is that when you are loved to the point of exhaustion, so that a finger forces are not present...
№ 390278   Added MegaMozg 04-04-2020 / 15:33
Do we know that he [God] is a just, benevolent, kind, meek, merciful, compassionate? No. We have no evidence that he has at least one of these qualities, and at the same time, every coming day brings us hundreds of thousands of evidence - not evidence, but conclusive evidence that he has none of them.
№ 390253   Added Viker 04-04-2020 / 09:34
Harry finished the address, folded the letter in half and tucked into an envelope, sending it to Hogwarts. Then, on reflection, took the candle and dropping wax on a corner of the envelope, pushed it with the tip of a penknife their initials: G. D. P. V. E. to Go crazy - so tasteful.
"Mom," spoke up Harry, I want to test the hypothesis. How, according to your theory, I should send an owl to Hogwarts?
Mother turned from the kitchen sink and looked at him, puzzled.
- I... I don't know. I think you must be a magic owl.
He had suspected the voice to say: "yeah, it turns out that to test your theory does not" but the strange certainty was not willing to give up.
The letter somehow got in here, - thought Harry, - so I'll just wave them on the street and shout: "the Letter to Hogwarts!" Look fly whether the owl to pick it up. Dad, do you want to go with me?
Father shook his head and continued reading.
Harry took a deep breath and raised the envelope into the air.
Swallowed.
Scream "a Letter to Hogwarts!", waving the envelope in the back yard of his house was suddenly very awkward experience.
No, I'm not like dad. I use the scientific method, even if it would look stupid.
- A letter... ' began Harry, but it turned out only some unintelligible staccato whisper.
Then he dug in his heels and shouted in the empty sky:
- A letter to Hogwarts! Can I get an owl?!
- Harry? - said almost above the ear, puzzled voice of a neighbor.
Harry pulled his hand away, as if burned, and hid the envelope behind his back as if it was proceeds from drug sales. Face burned from embarrassment.
Over the neighbor's fence there was a female face, uncombed gray hair sticking out from under a hair net. It was Mrs. Figg, which at times watching him.
- What are you doing here, Harry?
"Nothing," he replied in a small voice. Just checking... a very stupid theory...
- You received invitation letter from Hogwarts?
Harry froze on the spot.
"Yes," said his lips after a short pause, I received a letter from Hogwarts. They wrote that I sent them a reply with the owl until July 31, but...
But you have no owls. Poor boy! Can't even imagine what they were thinking, sending you a standard invitation.
Wrinkled hand with an open palm leaned out from behind the fence. Hardly knowing what was happening, Harry gave the envelope.
- I'll do it, dear, ' said Mrs Figg, I'll be bringing anybody.
And her face sticking out over the fence, disappeared.
In the yard a long silence that eventually broke the quiet voice of the boy:
What?
Quote Explanation: Harry received his first letter from Hogwarts and trying it out it's real or someone's joke.
№ 390243   Added Viker 04-04-2020 / 09:33
Objective fact, there is subjectively perceived facts.
№ 390217   Added Viker 04-04-2020 / 09:30
Other find courage, not having it, but no person who has demonstrated wit, not whether he is witty by nature.
№ 390199   Added Viker 04-04-2020 / 09:28
There is no enemy more cruel than the previous one. To justify in their own eyes wrong, he is happy to vilify someone betrays.
№ 390189   Added Viker 04-04-2020 / 09:27