people [Theme] Page 1

I am absolutely closed, like a closet. I am a loner... I lived both in art and in real life coolly, independently. Although modest. He sent terrible boors and unprofessionals left and right. And people remember me only for good roles in good films. It turns out that I lived as according to Stanislavsky - honestly, truthfully and in accordance with the proposed circumstances.
№ 466412   Added MegaMozg 02-05-2024 / 03:30
This is the limit of fate in Rus': our excellent people are boring.
№ 466410   Added MegaMozg 02-05-2024 / 03:24
Lucky people get outside help. Their origin matters. They are a product of a particular time, place and their environment.
№ 466374   Added MegaMozg 30-04-2024 / 16:15
When it comes to new technologies, be it the Internet or self-driving cars, people rarely want to learn about the potential problems with it all. It takes years for governments and citizens to understand the risks and pass laws (after all, it took us 30 years to recognize the dangers of cigarettes). This happens these days too: consider how long it took to understand the shortcomings of social media and mobile devices, the dangers of misinformation or distracted driving.
№ 466365   Added MegaMozg 30-04-2024 / 15:48
The term “mental model” originates from cognitive psychology, a science that studies how our brain thinks, perceives the reality around us, and interacts with the world. Some designers know how to apply this knowledge to make the best decisions. Psychological research shows that people generally like the feeling of control over things, including elevators (and the extent to which this feeling is expressed is called locus of control). Research has proven that when we think we are in control of a situation, or at least actively doing something (pressing a placebo button), the sense of time becomes dull.
№ 466364   Added MegaMozg 30-04-2024 / 15:45
We often fall into the trap of calling something intuitive if we understand it, and, on the contrary, complex if we don’t. Thus, we assume that everyone has our knowledge and lives in our culture. This misconception is understandable, because people are primarily emotional creatures. Delight and a feeling of powerlessness are two very powerful feelings that overshadow logic. Let's imagine that we have a prototype of a new mobile phone or game controller. If it fits well in the hand, positive emotions leave no room for the questions “How is my hand different from other people’s?” or “How will a person who has no hands use this?” By asking questions that are useful from a design perspective, we risk a sense of joy. Emotions and common sense will oppose each other.
№ 466360   Added MegaMozg 30-04-2024 / 15:33
We are not proud people: if there is no bread, give us some pies.
№ 466355   Added MegaMozg 30-04-2024 / 15:18
You people who call yourselves larks, why did you decide that you are these particular birds? I read all about larks, about these birds. And nowhere is it written that they get up early. Google the pictures, they have no problems sleeping. Owls are understandable because they sleep. But why larks? People invented this too. But it seems to me that you are a morning person only so that they don’t call you roosters.
Release Date: 20.04.2024
№ 466332   Added MegaMozg 29-04-2024 / 15:24
Do you know the feeling when you are simply ashamed of yourself for taking seriously a person who was nothing more than a beautiful dummy, and that you cannot bring yourself to tell him about it, but prefer to continue to be nice to him, even though you I'm already sick of all this!
Quote Explanation: From a letter to Alma Maner-Werfel, 1944.
№ 466319   Added MegaMozg 29-04-2024 / 08:36
At least remember me.
№ 466310   Added MegaMozg 29-04-2024 / 08:09
Russians are certainly happy-go-lucky people; practical in some things, indifferent or impractical in others... So in the theater we visited today, there was only one entrance and no exit for 800 or 900 spectators. And therefore all the packages and shoes had to be left at the door and almost in a shameful crush they had to fight to get in and out again! The theater building itself, which was previously a truly magnificent mansion, was confiscated from one of the rich bourgeois families. “Where are the members of this family now? - I asked. - Somebody knows?" - “They are dead or working as waiters in New York or Paris.”
Quote Explanation: Vakhtangov Theater, Moscow, November 1927
№ 466290   Added MegaMozg 28-04-2024 / 16:00
Be gentle, humane, accessible, compassionate and generous; Let your greatness not prevent you from kindly condescending to small people and putting yourself in their position so that this kindness never diminishes either your power or their respect. Act in such a way that good people will love you, evil people will fear you, and everyone will respect you.
№ 466286   Added MegaMozg 28-04-2024 / 15:48
I've heard before that living in Switzerland is cheap; Now I can say that this is not true and that everything here is much more expensive than in Germany, for example, bread, meat, firewood, clothes, shoes and other necessities. The reason for this high cost is the wealth of the Swiss. Where people are rich, money is cheap; where money is cheap, things are expensive.
Quote Explanation: Karamzin spent seven months in Switzerland—half of his tour. He visited Basel, Bern, Geneva, and visited the Rhine and Reichenbach Falls. And then he went to France and England.
№ 466275   Added MegaMozg 28-04-2024 / 08:54
I'm curious. And period. Everything seems interesting to me. Real life. Fictional life. Objects. Flowers. Cats. But most of all - people. If you look at the world with open eyes and soul, everything in the world can be interesting. The secret is that there is no secret. Everything that I notice or discover must sprout in my head. I always wait until ideas and impulses become so strong that they completely take over my thoughts. And then I start following them. My consciousness is always half asleep, as if I was daydreaming. And then the images and ideas take shape - and I realize: I need to do this.
№ 466254   Added MegaMozg 27-04-2024 / 15:39