the desire [Theme] Page 4

The main motivation of evil in my book is the desire to subjugate the free will of others.
№ 443394   Added Viker 15-08-2022 / 11:29
To believe in goodness, love, happiness, not in necessity, but in a sincere desire to live with an open heart.
№ 441945   Added MegaMozg 09-07-2022 / 05:15
“Like an acorn becomes a big oak…” What an amazingly liberating and inspiring image! He forever changed my approach to psychotherapy, offering a new vision: my task is to remove the obstacles blocking the path of patients. I don't have to do all the work myself; I am not obligated to inspire the patient with a desire to develop, to invest in him curiosity, will, striving for life, caring, loyalty, or any of the myriad characteristics that make us human. No, my task is to identify and remove obstacles. Everything else, I thought, would follow automatically, spurred on by the drive and forces of self-actualization within the patient.
№ 441745   Added MegaMozg 03-07-2022 / 01:30
Love is a willingness to sacrifice oneself, a desire to make another person happy, a willingness to endure another, endure his shortcomings, endure his weaknesses, endure his imperfections. And not just endure in silence, gritting your teeth, with malice, with irritation, but with hope, with the hope of a change for the better. Help him in his moral growth, in his spiritual perfection. When you are ready to give yourself all to another: both your soul and body, and feelings, and time, and prosperity - everything is for another. This loyalty to another in everything is love - the basis of marriage.
№ 441603   Added MegaMozg 29-06-2022 / 02:06
The desire to control everything in order to avoid mistakes often leads to the fact that when control over circumstances is lost, a person begins to lose self-esteem.
Quote Explanation: Loss of self-esteem is often the result of a person's desire to control everything.
№ 440953   Added MegaMozg 23-06-2022 / 15:06
It is impossible to achieve the ideal either in love or in bed. The fanatical pursuit of perfection is a dead end. The main emotional presence.
№ 439511   Added Viker 26-05-2022 / 16:00
desire - which is not in the same legs.
№ 439489   Added Viker 26-05-2022 / 15:57
Never have I felt so alone, left to my own devices, as in those hours when I realized that I had no real power behind me, except for a completely conventional personal influence on individuals and masses; and the latter, seized with revolutionary ecstasy, were in a state of some kind of hysteria with an instinctive desire for destruction, which is laid in the foundation of the spiritual essence of every person. Once again, I was convinced how easy it is to master a hysterical crowd, how cheap their enthusiasm is, how pitiful the laurels of its leaders, and I did not betray myself and did not follow them. I am not made to be a demagogue - although I could easily become one - I am a soldier accustomed to receiving and giving orders without a hint of politics, and this is possible only in relation to an organized and mechanical mass. For ten days I have been engaged in politics and I feel a deep disgust for it, for my politics is the command of the power that can command me. But it was not there these days, and I had to engage in politics and manage a disorganized hysterical crowd in order to bring it back to normal and suppress the instincts and desire for primitive anarchy.
Quote Explanation: From a letter to Anna Timiryova. March 11, 1917
№ 439318   Added Viker 26-05-2022 / 11:58
Reach for the stars.
№ 438763   Added MegaMozg 24-05-2022 / 22:39
You remain young only while you are involved in the world, only while you are building this world.
№ 438745   Added MegaMozg 24-05-2022 / 21:42
Striving for perfection is impossible - without overcoming your own vices.
№ 438180   Added MegaMozg 29-04-2022 / 17:30
Only when you see how people are afraid of shame - then you will understand how high their desire to be impeccable is.
№ 436877   Added MegaMozg 10-03-2022 / 00:48
The strongest huh? How do people know about this? Because they once fought with me and lost? I want to say that my strength is at the level of entertainment. Something like: A
The strongest huh? How do people know about this? Because...
№ 436750   Added MegaMozg 09-03-2022 / 18:27
Pain where there is no truth. Truth is where there is knowledge. Knowledge is where there is aspiration. Aspiration where there is a desire. Desire is where there is intention. And intention is where there is a goal. Of course, we cannot completely avoid pain, but it makes it clear that we are alive. And that means everything is within our power.
№ 436170   Added MegaMozg 08-03-2022 / 13:18