the role [Theme]

- This is how I live. I'm so happy!
№ 466128   Added MegaMozg 24-04-2024 / 13:42
“With America's abysmally low economic growth,” writes Time magazine, “we can't even save ourselves from 9 percent unemployment in our own country, much less begin to save the world.”
№ 465919   Added MegaMozg 15-04-2024 / 10:45
Quote in English
Quote Explanation: *j.p. — Justice of the Peace
№ 464740   Added Viker 19-03-2024 / 12:35
For a very long time, money was made of noble metals (gold and silver), which nature, as if specially created for this role. The physical properties of precious metals (homogeneity, strength, intrinsic value) ideally met the requirements for a monetary commodity. But, as soon as gold established itself in the role of money, it turned out that it did not necessarily have to participate in circulation, but could be replaced by any of its representatives.
№ 464630   Added Viker 19-03-2024 / 12:18
Quote Explanation: A referent is an object of extra-linguistic reality implied by the author of a particular speech segment. The referent of a certain speech segment may belong not only to the real world, but also to the imaginary one.
№ 463724   Added Viker 14-03-2024 / 15:30
The parrot always plays other people's roles.
№ 463478   Added Viker 14-03-2024 / 13:16
February 10, 1898
№ 463107   Added Viker 13-03-2024 / 11:30
You are not your role, you are all your roles.
№ 462633   Added Viker 06-02-2024 / 16:01
You are happy, of course, if your work finds a response in the hearts of the audience. If your work brings some kind of cleansing to the audience... Success is accompanied by joy, because it so rarely happens. Theater is such an incomprehensible situation that not a single Nemirovich-Danchenko or Stanislavsky can predict whether there will be success or not. It arises from the addition of many necessities: a play, a director, an actor, time, the pain of today. All this together creates the basis for creating a role that will resonate in the hearts of the audience. Or vice versa - past the garden. The train passed, but it didn’t affect you.
№ 462046   Added Viker 05-02-2024 / 14:54
Narcisse was betrayed by his mother when he was still a child. And you reconstruct and repeat this childhood betrayal. But in fact, he is the one pushing you to betray him, and then accusing you of it. The narcissist says, “You want my money. And after that, you will lie to me and deceive me with others. You have me trapped. I could have done so much better, but because of you I'm stuck here. Because of you, I cannot realize myself, realize my potential. You're a bad influence on me."
№ 461696   Added MegaMozg 18-01-2024 / 04:15
I don't know how to play Woland. What suit should he wear? Although his attire is described in detail in the book, this is literature. And when on screen: why is he like this and not different? And, oddly enough, this is a weak role. Everything happens not with Woland, but around him, and I don’t want to just widen my eyes to make it look convincing. And the main reason: I believe that the devil, like the Lord God, cannot be played. Jesus Christ - you can, he was a real person. And you can't touch this. Not to Bulgakov's entire novel - but to Woland.
Quote Explanation: Oleg Yankovsky, after being approved for the role of Volad in the film “The Master and Margarita” by Vladimir Bortko, at the very last moment refused to participate in the filming.
№ 460696   Added Viker 10-01-2024 / 15:44
There are vacant roles in the theater of the absurd.
№ 460328   Added MegaMozg 18-12-2023 / 17:09
Previously, while working on a role, I quickly came to such a moment: well, I’ve reached the wall, the hero is exhausted. And now I know: there is a door in the wall, behind it there is another room, and there is a third, a fourth... It is important that the actor and through him the viewer feel: man is inexhaustible, man is infinite.
№ 459945   Added MegaMozg 10-12-2023 / 03:18
When asked about my favorite role, I always answer that my favorite is the role of Sir Andrew in Twelfth Night directed by Ian Fried. It was noted in England: critics said that I definitely captured the English sense of humor. But the BBC, speaking about this role, called me Vypin for some reason. Perhaps it predicted my future “drunk” film roles...
№ 458535   Added MegaMozg 13-11-2023 / 22:57