position [Theme] Page 2

Do not offend someone who is worse off than you.
№ 455430   Added MegaMozg 02-08-2023 / 04:18
Our animal cousins give us a hint, more specifically how they use tough brawling games. Brawling consists of the wallowing, wrestling, biting and pinching that we see in animals, from mice and puppies to humans. The first interpretations of such a game emphasized its value as a teaching tool. This is a game battle model, a kind of preparation for real battles. Today's interpretations of game fights put the concept of relationship learning at the forefront. These theories highlight the idea that through brawling, animals learn to flexibly adapt to unpredictable social conditions, to accept a change in social roles. In role reversal, stress and fear are brought under control in safe situations. In addition, social roles are strung on an axis of social dominance. In brawling play, cubs learn to assume both a subordinate and a dominant position. It is this last element that I consider the most essential for understanding the connection between risky play and fear. There seems to be something very important about our relationship to submission - perhaps so important that this behavior (the play of dominance and submission) is built into the DNA of mammals, including us. As we shall see, the fear of alien domination is so terrible for an individual of our species that we are ready to do anything to avoid it.
№ 454985   Added MegaMozg 15-07-2023 / 00:21
The most honorable position on the bookshelf is occupied by a cat.
№ 454158   Added MegaMozg 10-06-2023 / 23:09
At that moment, when Michael realized the true situation of yours, he could still save his life, but friendship and love are blinding. Nobody believes that a friend can betray. Michael continued to err until the day when his head was upturned on a pike.
№ 452028   Added MegaMozg 21-03-2023 / 14:51
In Strategy, I invite you on a journey to a completely different level of chess understanding. At this level, you no longer have to play second number throughout the game; on the contrary, the active role will belong to you. You will think about the situation, outline the goal and methodically pave the way for its implementation.
№ 447034   Added MegaMozg 28-11-2022 / 15:06
I taught Varvara Gulyaeva so that she could delve into everything, think about everything independently. I wanted her to become a person with a broad outlook, with a conscious faith in the future. And you, perhaps, it was during these war years that you managed to impose your faith on her - blind faith, in which you don’t need to think, you don’t need to reason. The world for her became dark and incomprehensible. We won the war - why should she, Varvara, analyze, why puzzle over questions, why and why - just God's grace. Since the war, it has become more difficult to live on the Gumnishchi collective farm. How to fix the situation? Again, one answer: that's God's will. And so in everything and everywhere - mental blindness. And from blindness, from the unknown, a purely animal fear of life appears. Fear of God's wrath, fear of superiors, fear of rain at the wrong time, fear of a cat crossing the road. And then you hammer in: be patient, for everything is from God, be submissive. Submission, a lazy mind and fear - this is quite enough to make a spiritual slave out of a person. Whether you wanted it or not, you created spiritually poor people, moral freaks in our time. Thank you for your small benefit, but know that we also appreciated the harm.
№ 447002   Added Viker 28-11-2022 / 13:55
No matter how sensitive I considered myself, it was difficult for me to enter into her position, to fully understand how her life was going. I wanted to support her, I felt sorry for her with all my heart, but I could not deceive myself: I did not truly empathize with her. Everyone has a personal, hidden world where no one else can ever get to.
№ 446886   Added MegaMozg 24-11-2022 / 18:24
No matter how bad our situation during life, we can always try to improve it. As long as we are alive, we have free will and the ability to change our circumstances.
№ 446318   Added MegaMozg 10-11-2022 / 10:30
The paradoxical theory of change. 1970 Translation by A. Gronsky
Quote Explanation: The paradoxical theory of change. 1970 Translation by A. Gronsky
№ 444910   Added MegaMozg 25-09-2022 / 21:03
An individual who perceives himself as a subject endowed with the ability for autonomy and transcendence, who sees himself as a certain absolute, is going through a difficult moment, discovering that his lot, predetermined by fate, is a subordinate position. For someone who has realized his uniqueness, it is painful to discover in himself the qualities of the Other. This is what happens to a girl when she, knowing the world, begins to realize herself as a woman. The sphere of life intended for her is closed, limited, suppressed by the world of men. Wherever she looks, she sees barriers everywhere that limit her possibilities.
№ 444601   Added MegaMozg 17-09-2022 / 13:30
Valya Petrova: - Now, if you still had a cannon, such as you cast for me, you would immediately shoot it down!
Valya Petrova: - Now, if you still had a cannon, such as...
№ 441917   Added MegaMozg 08-07-2022 / 16:27
If a professor has not become part of the bureaucratic machine, has not joined the forces that actively support the police bureaucracy that is ruining our country, he cannot be sure that, due to the arbitrariness of the administration and for reasons unknown to him, he will one day not be removed from the road. him activities.
№ 441450   Added MegaMozg 25-06-2022 / 22:57
- Erebus is a deceived puppy! He claims to be the anointed one. However, all he did was open the door.
№ 441160   Added MegaMozg 24-06-2022 / 01:15
No literature is so full of resentment as young Russian literature. The books of Dostoevsky, Gogol, Tolstoy are simply teeming with heroes charged with resentment. This state of affairs is a consequence of centuries of oppression of the people by the autocracy and the impossibility, due to the absence of a parliament and freedom of the press, to give vent to the feelings that arise under the pressure of authority.
№ 440598   Added MegaMozg 09-06-2022 / 10:06
For me personally, one very important proposition, arising from the psychology of the October Revolution, was and remains indisputable: If at this tragic moment in our history there were not people among the Russian people who were ready to rise up against the madness and crime of the Bolshevik government and bring their blood and life for the destroyed homeland , - it would not be a people, but manure for fertilizing the boundless fields of the old continent, doomed to be colonized by newcomers from the West and East. Fortunately, we belong to a tortured but great people.
№ 439295   Added Viker 26-05-2022 / 11:55