generation [Theme]

“With America's abysmally low economic growth,” writes Time magazine, “we can't even save ourselves from 9 percent unemployment in our own country, much less begin to save the world.”
№ 465919   Added MegaMozg 15-04-2024 / 10:45
Children who know a lot about their family history—where their grandmother went to school, where their great-uncle grew up, how and when their parents met, and so on—are found to be more confident and resilient in general than those who who is unfamiliar with such things. Researchers suggest that helping children develop a powerful “intergenerational self” reminds them that they belong to something larger than themselves. They are not the main characters in the family story, but part of a chapter that is still being written. This is the opposite of the concept of “everyone is around me” and in this sense has a valuable decentering effect.
№ 465602   Added MegaMozg 05-04-2024 / 03:12
Russia is the undisputed champion in transmitting traumatic experiences from generation to generation.
№ 463500   Added Viker 14-03-2024 / 13:19
No matter how much we deny, our lives are just footprints in the sand, washed away by the wave of a new generation.
№ 463233   Added MegaMozg 13-03-2024 / 14:45
It is appropriate for a modern person to consider the question of the meaning of life, first of all, through the prism of the needs of the younger generation, the work and creations of ancestors, the preservation of universal culture, the development of humanity and science.
№ 463130   Added Viker 13-03-2024 / 12:08
Who and what am I? What is life? Is it worth living? What compels me to live? What is the “correct life”? How to end life with dignity? What's the best thing future generations can hope for?
№ 463053   Added Viker 13-03-2024 / 11:21
And something changed: he became himself, and not part of the vague mass of people, he began to speak as if from himself and felt less confident. And Zimobor looked at him intently and affably - without a threat, but in such a way that a healthy man, old enough to be the father of this curly-haired guy, felt a desire to lower his eyes. From the brown, shining eyes of the young prince, entire generations of people, accustomed to rule, accustomed to looking at the world from above, from the back of a war horse, looked at him. Their world was wide and vast, and the elder, whose white light had always been closed by the flow of the Sezha - two or three transitions from beginning to end - suddenly became timid in front of this world, realizing for the first time its enormity. He vaguely knew that somewhere there were the Dnieper and Sozh, and this guy saw them and drank their water.
№ 462398   Added Viker 05-02-2024 / 19:55
The prosperity of our country, the development of its society and economy completely depends on the younger generation. And our future is these wonderful children, for whose sake we don’t regret anything. (stormy applause) Well, I don’t feel sorry for anything at all.
№ 461595   Added Viker 15-01-2024 / 13:09
Import substitution is when a new generation replaces the old generation.
№ 460819   Added Viker 10-01-2024 / 16:51
Feat of Leningrad! Someday future generations will read about him in a book or see him in a film. Maybe someone will cry, someone will think, but no one, even with the richest imagination, will be able to imagine the full power of his greatness and sorrow.
№ 459666   Added Viker 07-12-2023 / 13:06
And he considers himself unique.
№ 459536   Added Viker 07-12-2023 / 12:46
This immoral, satanic concept found its expression in the guiding document on the structure of life on Earth - in the Bible, supposedly “sacred” scripture. First of all, this concerns the Old Testament. The dogmas set out there were, according to the authors of the Bible, a guide to fulfillment for millions of people from generation to generation, that is, “forever.” After all, the main core of the Bible, the main idea, boils down to the fact that there is no happiness on Earth, but happiness is in Heaven, in paradise. Therefore, in order to get to heaven, a person must come to terms with the surrounding reality (“all power comes from God”), pray and repent.
№ 457635   Added Viker 31-10-2023 / 12:03
I observe in many people the desire to be afloat, to appear on TV, to prove that you are still very good... But I am a different person! I consider all this beneath my dignity. I've had a wonderful life. My daughter and granddaughters will be happy that I played in life. And many people who remember and love me, by the way, too.
№ 456865   Added MegaMozg 20-09-2023 / 23:15
We have nothing left, but there is something to convey.
№ 454945   Added MegaMozg 13-07-2023 / 07:30
The situation is aggravated by "strategic parasitism" - for 75 years of relative peace, people have forgotten the horrors of war, they have ceased to be afraid even of nuclear weapons. Everywhere, but especially in the West, the instinct of self-preservation has weakened. I have been studying the history of nuclear strategy for many years and have come to an unequivocal, albeit sounding not quite scientific, conclusion. The appearance of nuclear weapons is the result of the intervention of the Almighty, who was horrified when he saw that people, Europeans and the Japanese who joined them, unleashed two world wars over the course of one generation, which claimed tens of millions of lives, and handed the arms of Armageddon to humanity, showed those who had lost their fear of hell that he exists. On this fear rested the relative peace of the last three-quarters of a century. Now that fear is gone. The unthinkable from the point of view of previous ideas about nuclear deterrence is happening - the ruling circles of a group of countries, in a fit of desperate rage, unleashed a full-scale war in the underbelly of a nuclear superpower. The fear of nuclear escalation must be restored. Otherwise humanity is doomed.
Quote Explanation: Journal "Russia in Global Affairs". Article "A Difficult but Necessary Decision". June 13, 2023.
№ 454417   Added Viker 20-06-2023 / 12:18